Decision '17

Philip

That was quite the paranoid speech today from our Prime Minister. What's next, she's going to start wearing a tinfoil hat?
barcode

What A piece of CRAP, lies and any other dirty shite their want to say, about this poster.

National Debt under the Tories has been the worse its even been, The only different between Labour debt and tories debt is at least I can see where the money was spent. Debt has increased by £555 billion since 2010 under George Osborne and has added more debt than all labour goverments put together. AT least with Thatcher she cut debt nor waste money....

all new Phil

Come on barcy, you know the difference between deficit and debt don't you?
bilky asko

Philip wrote: Wed 03 May, 2017 18.06 That was quite the paranoid speech today from our Prime Minister. What's next, she's going to start wearing a tinfoil hat?
When all the rhetoric from Juncker is that the exit should be as difficult and discouraging as possible?

It's less paranoid and more stating the obvious.
barcode

all new Phil wrote: Thu 04 May, 2017 01.16 Come on barcy, you know the difference between deficit and debt don't you?
You know the amount of tax cuts and threshold raises over the years has taken more money out of the system. And people wonder why the budgets were never balanced by 2015.
bilky asko

Now Macron has won the French Presidential Election, I wonder if much, if anything, will be made of this during our General Election campaign.
Critique

When the election was called, I was immediately quite concerned as I could see nothing other than a Theresa May/Conservative landslide victory, with Labour suffering heavy losses. For the first few weeks, I continued in this way, but more recently I am sensing the emergence of some strange sensation called hope!

I know the opinion polls were wrong in both 2015 and 2016, but in this campaign I feel there really has been a change in fortunes - up until a week or so ago I felt that Labour would put in a dismal performance (and indeed they were, with the Diane abbott numbers fiasco the tip of the iceberg), but as time has gone on it has became apparent that Theresa May cannot give a decent interview (and certainly not one without the phrases she has been told to say), whilst Corbyn has improved. I still feel that the Conservatives will be victorious, but that perhaps it won't be the wipeout that May hoped for when she called the election.

I think a big example of the change in fortunes relates to the debates - the move by Corbyn today to attend tonight's debate shows that he is performing better than expected, and that May is performing worse than predicted. I really do feel that her non-attendance shows off a big weakness (and Amber Rudd failed to give an inspiring performance either).

Would be interested to hear the thoughts of others.
Dr Lobster*

i've always voted labour (well, i might have voted lib dem once), and i don't think jeremy corbyn has been perfect in the he has conducted himself since he became leader, but these last few weeks, especially since he unveiled the manifesto, i have really felt that labour offer a real, feasible alternative.

it really annoys me laura kuenssberg gives him a significantly harder ride than teresa may in interviews - is kuenssberg a "closet" tory or something?

you can expect corbyn getting bad press from the likes of the daily mail, one or two of kuenssberg's reports have really disappointed me.
Alexia

Dr Lobster* wrote: Wed 31 May, 2017 21.36 it really annoys me laura kuenssberg gives him a significantly harder ride than teresa may in interviews - is kuenssberg a "closet" tory or something?

She's so far out of the closet she's participating in pride parades.
WillPS

I'm being really careful to manage my hopes and expectations as reality tends to sting.

That said, I think it would be a very good precedent if May's campaign strategy of offering bugger all detail and generally treating the electorate with contempt off the back of strong poll ratings generally goes badly.