***THE OFFICIAL ALL NEW SAFEWAY THREAD***

Jovis

I mean, that old logo could do with refining 10 years on, and it's possible they looked at Sainsbury's and decided against the wavy line. Who knows?
bilky asko

rdobbie wrote:
ph2o wrote:How the new brand will look... shame it's not the original logo.
Good grief, how crap. If you're bringing back a brand that you own the rights to, what's the point in replacing the logo with something so bland and generic?

Here's how it could have looked:

I don't think they wanted it to look a decade out of date.
james2001

They should bring back this logo ;)

ukpetey

Jovis wrote: Sat 24 Dec, 2016 04.08 I mean, that old logo could do with refining 10 years on, and it's possible they looked at Sainsbury's and decided against the wavy line. Who knows?
Did somebody mention wavy line?

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/ ... ab9c2f.jpg
thegeek

Safeway-branded goods to be sold in McColl's: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... -1-8679926
sqwidge1978

thegeek wrote: Tue 01 Aug, 2017 12.36 Safeway-branded goods to be sold in McColl's: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... -1-8679926
Rather interesting out come. Wonder what bearing this will have on Sainsburys proposed deal with Nisa, as McColls was the biggest contract Nisa had, accounting for two fifths of Nisa's revenues. This scenario did pop into my mind the other day when I read that McColls had put there contract up for tender earlier than expected. Will Sainsbury's still go ahead with Nisa deal or will they now pull out.?
scottishtv

sqwidge1978 wrote: Tue 01 Aug, 2017 17.32Will Sainsbury's still go ahead with Nisa deal or will they now pull out.?
Interesting. I wonder whether Morrisons made McColls a deal they couldn't refuse, just to see this sort of outcome? According to some reports, McColl's tendering process was stopped early, and the speed of the deal took Nisa by surprise: "We are disappointed that the tender process has been halted nine weeks early - before there had been a chance for follow up conversations and proposals - especially when sales at Nisa-supplied McColl’s stores were 8.4pc ahead of budget", said Nick Read, chief executive of Nisa.

According to a couple of reports Morrisons-branded bakery and fresh sandwiches will also be sold in McColls, which seems to be a bit of a branding muddle. Not sure that's right, but also the sort of odd decision Morrisons would make.
Jonny

Thought you would appreciate this wonderful Safeway hat proudly adorned by a gentleman on Look North this evening:

Edit: Incidentally, I note *they have* referenced the old wave under the logo in some of the new packaging.
cwathen

POS now all over McColl's...'Safeway, brought to you from Morrisons, only at McColl's'. Seems a bit confused. I thought the point of bringing back the Safeway brand was so Morrisons could operate as a wholesaler on the quiet without using their own brand outside of their own stores.

If their brand is going to appear anyway, what was the point?

And if there is concern that the Safeway brand has now been out of use for so long that it can't stand alone as a brand of 'supermarket quality' without effectively being underwritten by a current supermarket brand then again, what was the point?

Philip

Ha, it's like HTV News produced by Carlton for ITV1 Wales.
sqwidge1978

Over the past few weeks I have see Safeway branded delivery lorries on the road, but sadly haven't managed to get a pic.