The Co-op Thread

WillPS

JAS84 wrote: Mon 13 May, 2019 11.03 When will The Co-Operative Bank rebrand, I wonder? It's no longer owned by the Co-Op, and is still using the old generic branding.
As soon as the hedge funds manage to flog it off.
thegeek

Any guesses as to what this version of the cloverleaf is doing on an EPOS screen?

It's a brand new store, so not like it had been lurking on the system from two rebrands ago.
JetixFann450

thegeek wrote: Mon 20 May, 2019 16.21 Any guesses as to what this version of the cloverleaf is doing on an EPOS screen?

It's a brand new store, so not like it had been lurking on the system from two rebrands ago.
I do think it could be that they looked up "Co-Op" logo on Google and the closest thing they've gotten is that. Never seen that logo since 2007 though.
I'm that guy who was previously from that forum but has since moved to that other forum
JAS84

Did that new store replace an old one and they just brought across the EPOS computers?
thegeek

I don't think so - they're expanding in the area and I can't think of any branches that have closed lately.
woah

That is new EPOS equipment anyway, Co-op seem to be switching to Windor Nixdorf (or Diebold Nixdorf as it is now) from the existing IBM kit, but running the same software.

Central England Co-op are also moving away from IBM to HP for their EPOS systems.
WillPS

I've observed it in multiple branches, including brand new ones. There is a white on blue version too. It appears to be a placeholder when they are missing a slide to display. Presumably baked in to the software in some inconvenient way.
Arcolar

I completely dont know why I have just reminded a nice book "The doll on the chain" probably by Robert Lundlum.... What was with that doll???...and that chain....
g67bbx

woah wrote: Mon 20 May, 2019 19.32 That is new EPOS equipment anyway, Co-op seem to be switching to Windor Nixdorf (or Diebold Nixdorf as it is now) from the existing IBM kit, but running the same software.

Central England Co-op are also moving away from IBM to HP for their EPOS systems.
Southern Co-op have just renewed their EPOS (again) and now run "VME Intellistore" instead of the previous EPOS (Retalix Storeline I think) they have only run for about 3/4 years. From looking at the customer display it looks like a step back in time than advancing technology.

From what I understand "InControl-Evolution" is co-op's in house EPOS system.
Please Respond