The Co-op Thread

thegeek
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat 04 Jun, 2005 12.35

Fri 03 Feb, 2017 21.19

Oddly enough, I spotted that today too. The logo is also used by Cooperatives UK, a trade body.

Image

The Phone Co-op have gone down the same route, along with a logo reminiscent of an early 2000s digital radio station:

Image

blog post on their rebrand
Philip
Posts: 920
Joined: Fri 22 Feb, 2008 21.23
Location: Merseyside
Contact:

Fri 03 Feb, 2017 21.25

I'm amazed anyone else remembers The Core! Though I only ever listened to the American chart show on it.
Image
scottishtv
Posts: 598
Joined: Thu 01 Apr, 2004 15.36
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Fri 03 Feb, 2017 23.26

Not sure a rebrand is much of a priority over at the Bank right now though: Co-op Bank - In Trouble Again?.

Well, not a rebrand by the Co-op, anyway.
User avatar
WillPS
Posts: 1984
Joined: Tue 22 Apr, 2008 18.32
Location: Carlton
Contact:

Sun 05 Feb, 2017 11.52

scottishtv wrote:
Fri 03 Feb, 2017 23.26
Not sure a rebrand is much of a priority over at the Bank right now though: Co-op Bank - In Trouble Again?.

Well, not a rebrand by the Co-op, anyway.
I hate the fact they use Co-op branding still, shouldn't be allowed as they patently are not a co-operative outlet. Same for the former group/Midland Travel outlets; undermines the Co-op brand in my view.
Image
thegeek
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat 04 Jun, 2005 12.35

Sun 05 Feb, 2017 12.25

Philip wrote:
Fri 03 Feb, 2017 21.25
I'm amazed anyone else remembers The Core! Though I only ever listened to the American chart show on it.
They had quite a neat interactive request service - ask for a song [from their playlist] and they'd text you back with when they'd play it for you. Or rather, when it was next scheduled to play anyway.
JAS84
Posts: 423
Joined: Fri 12 Aug, 2011 10.23
Location: Hull, UK

Sun 05 Feb, 2017 13.35

WillPS wrote:
Sun 05 Feb, 2017 11.52
scottishtv wrote:
Fri 03 Feb, 2017 23.26
Not sure a rebrand is much of a priority over at the Bank right now though: Co-op Bank - In Trouble Again?.

Well, not a rebrand by the Co-op, anyway.
I hate the fact they use Co-op branding still, shouldn't be allowed as they patently are not a co-operative outlet. Same for the former group/Midland Travel outlets; undermines the Co-op brand in my view.
The Travel outlets should be rebranded as Travelcare, the name they used before the The Co-operative brand was introduced. Not sure what they could call the bank.
bilky asko
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sat 08 Nov, 2008 19.48

Sun 05 Feb, 2017 14.46

Reverend's Powder Bank
Image
bilky asko
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sat 08 Nov, 2008 19.48

Tue 07 Feb, 2017 14.54

Apologies for the double post, but I popped into the Co-op for the first time in donkey's years on Sunday.

Not only were both Wincor Nixdorf self service machines broken, but the newly bedoored fridges had a warning on them reminiscent of a mid-2000s DVD: "I wouldn't leave the fridge door open at home".

Well, one would mean slightly higher energy costs for a branch of the Co-op, the other could completely knacker your fridge. Which makes me think: why don't they fit fridge alarms to commercial fridges with doors? Or at least something more effective than a decal trying not to obscure the view of their produce?
Image
Whataday
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri 22 Aug, 2003 00.08
Location: Cardiff
Contact:

Sun 12 Feb, 2017 14.10

thegeek wrote:
Fri 03 Feb, 2017 21.19
Oddly enough, I spotted that today too. The logo is also used by Cooperatives UK, a trade body.

Image

The Phone Co-op have gone down the same route, along with a logo reminiscent of an early 2000s digital radio station:

Image

blog post on their rebrand
Coop, whereabouts is Coop?
User avatar
WillPS
Posts: 1984
Joined: Tue 22 Apr, 2008 18.32
Location: Carlton
Contact:

Sun 12 Feb, 2017 15.47

Whataday wrote:
Sun 12 Feb, 2017 14.10
thegeek wrote:
Fri 03 Feb, 2017 21.19
Oddly enough, I spotted that today too. The logo is also used by Cooperatives UK, a trade body.

Image

The Phone Co-op have gone down the same route, along with a logo reminiscent of an early 2000s digital radio station:

Image

blog post on their rebrand
Coop, whereabouts is Coop?
Stourport, apparently:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/co-operat ... 86/in/feed

Confusingly, that sign still has the previous Co-operative Energy logo too...
Image
thegeek
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat 04 Jun, 2005 12.35

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 07.23

scottishtv wrote:
Fri 03 Feb, 2017 23.26
Not sure a rebrand is much of a priority over at the Bank right now though: Co-op Bank - In Trouble Again?.

Well, not a rebrand by the Co-op, anyway.
anyone wanna buy a bank?
Post Reply