The Co-op Thread

thegeek

Oddly enough, I spotted that today too. The logo is also used by Cooperatives UK, a trade body.

The Phone Co-op have gone down the same route, along with a logo reminiscent of an early 2000s digital radio station:

blog post on their rebrand
Philip

I'm amazed anyone else remembers The Core! Though I only ever listened to the American chart show on it.
scottishtv

Not sure a rebrand is much of a priority over at the Bank right now though: Co-op Bank - In Trouble Again?.

Well, not a rebrand by the Co-op, anyway.
WillPS

scottishtv wrote: Fri 03 Feb, 2017 23.26 Not sure a rebrand is much of a priority over at the Bank right now though: Co-op Bank - In Trouble Again?.

I hate the fact they use Co-op branding still, shouldn't be allowed as they patently are not a co-operative outlet. Same for the former group/Midland Travel outlets; undermines the Co-op brand in my view.
thegeek

Philip wrote: Fri 03 Feb, 2017 21.25 I'm amazed anyone else remembers The Core! Though I only ever listened to the American chart show on it.
They had quite a neat interactive request service - ask for a song [from their playlist] and they'd text you back with when they'd play it for you. Or rather, when it was next scheduled to play anyway.
JAS84

WillPS wrote: Sun 05 Feb, 2017 11.52
scottishtv wrote: Fri 03 Feb, 2017 23.26 Not sure a rebrand is much of a priority over at the Bank right now though: Co-op Bank - In Trouble Again?.

I hate the fact they use Co-op branding still, shouldn't be allowed as they patently are not a co-operative outlet. Same for the former group/Midland Travel outlets; undermines the Co-op brand in my view.
The Travel outlets should be rebranded as Travelcare, the name they used before the The Co-operative brand was introduced. Not sure what they could call the bank.
bilky asko

Reverend's Powder Bank
bilky asko

Apologies for the double post, but I popped into the Co-op for the first time in donkey's years on Sunday.

Not only were both Wincor Nixdorf self service machines broken, but the newly bedoored fridges had a warning on them reminiscent of a mid-2000s DVD: "I wouldn't leave the fridge door open at home".

Well, one would mean slightly higher energy costs for a branch of the Co-op, the other could completely knacker your fridge. Which makes me think: why don't they fit fridge alarms to commercial fridges with doors? Or at least something more effective than a decal trying not to obscure the view of their produce?
Whataday

thegeek wrote: Fri 03 Feb, 2017 21.19 Oddly enough, I spotted that today too. The logo is also used by Cooperatives UK, a trade body.

The Phone Co-op have gone down the same route, along with a logo reminiscent of an early 2000s digital radio station:

Coop, whereabouts is Coop?
WillPS

Whataday wrote: Sun 12 Feb, 2017 14.10
thegeek wrote: Fri 03 Feb, 2017 21.19 Oddly enough, I spotted that today too. The logo is also used by Cooperatives UK, a trade body.

Coop, whereabouts is Coop?
Stourport, apparently:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/co-operat ... 86/in/feed

Confusingly, that sign still has the previous Co-operative Energy logo too...
thegeek

anyone wanna buy a bank?