The Co-op Thread

JAS84

nidave wrote: Thu 25 May, 2017 16.12 I came across a new style co-op service station - think it looks pretty nice
Has there been a collision? That Give Way sign looks like it's on an angle, like someone's driven into it.
nidave

I have no idea - I was staying in the hotel next to it for work.
Philip

Only problem is that the stacked nature of the logo means it doesn't work well as signage on the petrol station roof.
AgainWTheNorth

Just use a horizontal version for those occasions; better to have a logo that, albeit looking off, can work in places like that, than have to stick to one version and make the logo surprisingly small.
Then again, I'm an American - what do I know?
sqwidge1978

Or maybe have Petrol of fuel written next to it. Similar to how Morrison's branded there petrol stations when just using the 'M' logo.
Andrew

There is a Co-op petrol station a few miles from me in Huddersfield where the shop burnt down a year ago.

It's now been rebuilt and reopened but complete with a full set of lime green Co-operative Food signage and branding
WillPS

Andrew wrote: Sun 30 Jul, 2017 00.17 There is a Co-op petrol station a few miles from me in Huddersfield where the shop burnt down a year ago.

It's now been rebuilt and reopened but complete with a full set of lime green Co-operative Food signage and branding
At a guess it's owned by Central England Co-operative Society, who continue to use that branding.

There appears to be one such store in Huddersfield: https://www.centralengland.coop/stores/ ... ence-store
james2001

A store near me has just put up the new sigage- rather dissapointingly it's covered up the still visible scar left from a sign from the 60s/70s that said "Butchery". There hasn't been a butchers in there since the early 90s though, but it was interesting how the marks from that sign stayed visible for so long.
WillPS

nodnirG kraM wrote: Mon 31 Jul, 2017 13.27
WillPS wrote: Sun 30 Jul, 2017 10.24 At a guess it's owned by Central England Co-operative Society, who continue to use that branding.
This is an area of Co-opping that I don't understand: there are 7 Co-op branches in my town and outlying villages, all but 1 of which has now been rebranded to Co-Op. The remaining The Co-operative Food is owned by Southern Co-operative, and retains its green branding. So am I to understand this will stay under this colour-scheme indefinitely?

Who then owns the other branches in this area that have gone cloverleaf?
You would be correct - it's up to Southern Co-operative Society to decide upon branding - they will have access to the Co-op Group's branding should they choose to use it.

Some Co-op societies (Lincolnshire, for one) are still using the 90s circular cloverleaf.

Any branches with the current cloverleaf logo are owned by The Co-op Group directly, I think. The only other society to rebrand since last year is Midcounties, who seem to be taking up the international logo instead.
thegeek

That doesn't sound very cooperative.
WillPS

thegeek wrote: Mon 31 Jul, 2017 18.12 That doesn't sound very cooperative.
Some Co-operatives are more cooperative than others...