The Banned message on DS

Charlie Wells

robschneider wrote:
woah wrote:
robschneider wrote:I'm also banned from DS, for absolutely no reason.

You can see the site, but yes you have to clear your cookies to view the forums.

Very odd, and inconsistent, moderation policies over there though.
I assume that's the same "absolutely no reason" that got you banned from TVF?
No that's Charlie Wells being protectionist over the new Top Gear. He's about as much use as Beth Hart.
The irony of your post is it wasn't me who site banned you. That said I fully support the decision, worth remembering you were issued with warnings and also a forum ban prior to that for your posts in other threads.
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
james2001

DS moderation is wonderful anyway. You can be as racist as you like towards Muslims, but if you dare mention Madeleine McCann...
WillPS

james2001 wrote:DS moderation is wonderful anyway. You can be as racist as you like towards Muslims, but if you dare mention Madeleine McCann...
Muslims can't afford Carter Ruck.
robschneider

I got banned for saying an act would "appeal to the gays" in the Eurovision thread.

I'm not joking.
woah

robschneider wrote:I got banned for saying an act would "appeal to the gays" in the Eurovision thread.

I'm not joking.
It's possible because "the gays" are not a flock of sheep with the same opinions and preferences.
james2001

Because referring to them as "the gays" isn't the least bit offensive...
Alexia

Indeed, it should be capitalised, with an adjective such as "fabulous" between The and Gays
B3 REV

Being banned from posting should not not mean youre banned from viewing the forums though. They have no right to do that.
Alexia

B3 REV wrote:Being banned from posting should not not mean youre banned from viewing the forums though. They have no right to do that.
Why not? It's their forum. They can let whomever they wish read it.
B3 REV

Not really. Posting yes but you cannot stop anyone from viewing a website
Alexia

B3 REV wrote:Not really. Posting yes but you cannot stop anyone from viewing a website
Yes you can. That's what website memberships are for. Try viewing the Times website without an account.