The BIG MetroPoll - IN or OUT ?

Are you IN or OUT ?

IN
31
70%
OUT
13
30%
 
Total votes: 44
robschneider
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed 14 Aug, 2013 14.53

bilky asko wrote:
robschneider wrote:"When one resorts to personal insults, it is because they have not a single political argument left." -- Margaret Thatcher.
Is that why you called 9 people on TVF retards?
Yes, because I got bashed for wanting the BBC to produce a local version of the Swedish programme Melodifestivalen in the UK. Apparently that's excessive.
User avatar
WillPS
Posts: 2084
Joined: Tue 22 Apr, 2008 18.32
Location: Carlton
Contact:

bilky asko wrote:
robschneider wrote:"When one resorts to personal insults, it is because they have not a single political argument left." -- Margaret Thatcher.
Is that why you called 9 people on TVF retards?
*applause*
Image
Philip
Posts: 970
Joined: Fri 22 Feb, 2008 21.23
Location: Merseyside
Contact:

I am predisposed to vote IN, ideologically. I'm not really aware of all the facts yet though. Feels like there's much uncertainty over the result if it goes either way.

It's interesting that the news is saying, with regards to turnout, that those who are more likely to vote OUT will turnout in bigger numbers as they are older voters, and of course in a lot of cases are more invested in the vote because they've been campaigning for one for years. Whereas those more likely to vote IN are younger and therefore less interested in voting/politics generally, and are not as invested in such a vote because they haven't been campaigning for it.
Image
Alexia
Posts: 2974
Joined: Sat 01 Oct, 2005 17.50

robschneider wrote:The ironic thing is that you don't even know if I'm white or otherwise.

"When one resorts to personal insults, it is because they have not a single political argument left." -- Margaret Thatcher.
You are white. Everything about what you post, how you post it, what you say, comes across as typical middle-class entitled white dude with a chip on his shoulder the size of the horsehead nebula.

Ah yes Margaret Thatcher. Friend and protector of Jimmy Savile.
User avatar
rdobbie
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu 08 Jul, 2004 18.12

A massive OUT from me, mainly because the EU is an affront to our democracy and parliamentary sovereignty. I don't want unelected overseas people deciding they can impose or increase taxes on British citizens, with Westminster being totally powerless to stop it.

Simple as that really.

As for the debate itself, I've been dismayed reading Facebook and various forums in recent weeks by the number of people who seem to be picking the politican they hate the most out of Cameron/Corbyn/IDS/Gove/Farage/Galloway/Boris then going with the opposite stance on the EU vote to the said politican.

This vote isn't about the here and now of party politics or individual personalities. I like Corbyn and agree with him on most things, but I totally disagree with him on the EU. I despise IDS, but agree with him on the EU.

The legacy of the referendum result will far outweigh whatever legacy is left by any politician whose career gets a boost because they backed the winning result.

Another thing that bugs me is how many people (including some campaigners, journalists and even politicians) mistakenly conflate the EU with human rights. The EU has got nothing to do with the European Court of Human Rights or the UK's Human Rights Act, both of which will be unaffected by the result of the referendum. So whenever someone (on either side of the referendum debate) mentions Calais or asylum seekers, it's all a red herring.
User avatar
rdobbie
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu 08 Jul, 2004 18.12

I'm intrigued at the idea that the sale of Duty Free ciggies and booze would have to be reinstated on all flights and ferries in and out of the UK if we left the EU. There used to be a cottage industry on the Irish Sea and English Channel ferry routes amongst professional full-time cigarette purchasers who, let's just say, weren't 400-a-day smokers.

No doubt the Treasury would be absolutely livid about this, but I just can't see anything they could do legally to prevent it.

So if you're really 50/50 on 23 June, perhaps the thought of 200 Lambert & Butler for £12.99 tips the scales for you?
SomeRandomStuff
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed 29 Apr, 2009 02.20

I think anyone who is considering voting in this election should watch 'BREXIT: The Movie'.

I'd certainly like to hear the opinions of those who are still intending to vote 'IN' after watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMxfAkxfQ0
Alexia
Posts: 2974
Joined: Sat 01 Oct, 2005 17.50

I got to 23 seconds before my view for IN was reinforced. Nice try, but one sight of that cunt Delingpole was all I needed to know.
User avatar
Neil
Posts: 592
Joined: Sun 06 Nov, 2005 17.02
Location: Manchester

SomeRandomStuff wrote:I think anyone who is considering voting in this election should watch 'BREXIT: The Movie'.

I'd certainly like to hear the opinions of those who are still intending to vote 'IN' after watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMxfAkxfQ0
An hour and eleven minutes?!

I'm all for being informed, but (even if this was balanced, which I doubt from the title) nobody has that sort of time to sit and watch talk about the EU!
Alexia
Posts: 2974
Joined: Sat 01 Oct, 2005 17.50

Neil DG wrote:
SomeRandomStuff wrote:I think anyone who is considering voting in this election should watch 'BREXIT: The Movie'.

I'd certainly like to hear the opinions of those who are still intending to vote 'IN' after watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMxfAkxfQ0
An hour and eleven minutes?!

I'm all for being informed, but (even if this was balanced, which I doubt from the title) nobody has that sort of time to sit and watch talk about the EU!
Well, maybe cityprick. But he'd have an aneurysm at the sight of Melanie Phillips.
SomeRandomStuff
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed 29 Apr, 2009 02.20

Watch it, dont watch it. I could care less.

I would however be very interested to hear the opinions of anyone, in the Remain camp or undecided, who does decide to watch the whole thing. Every person i've spoken to has been vehemently 'Vote Leave'.

For me the economic and immigration arguments are irrelevant. This vote is entirely about democracy. Vote Leave if you value democracy. Vote Remain if you couldnt care less about it and would quite happily see our country swallowed up by an anti-democratic dictatorship. Where a few unaccountable 'elites' decide what is 'best' for us as if we were all brainless children.
Please Respond