Are you IN or OUT ?

IN
71%
OUT
29%

Total votes: 45
all new Phil

Alexia wrote:
all new Phil wrote:I think if the result is a decisive leave, BoJo will have competition for the leadership from Pritti Patel. And she'll win.

Just can't see Boris in Number 10, at all.
Oh please. Boris has more gravitas than that airhead Patel in his little finger.
Nothing to do with gravitas. She's fast becoming the darling of the right wing press. The Sun in particular seem to be big fans.
Alexia

Ticks all their tokenistic boxes, I guess.
WillPS

all new Phil wrote:I think if the result is a decisive leave, BoJo will have competition for the leadership from Pritti Patel. And she'll win.

I think she ruled that option out the moment she said she was in favour of the death penalty.

At least I bloody hope she did.
DTV

all new Phil wrote:
Alexia wrote:

Oh please. Boris has more gravitas than that airhead Patel in his little finger.
Nothing to do with gravitas. She's fast becoming the darling of the right wing press. The Sun in particular seem to be big fans.
But Boris is by far more popular among the Conservative membership and Local Associations than anyone else let alone Patel - one poll had him on 40% and his next competition was May on 9%. He'll also do very well at attracting back UKIP voters as whatever the quality Kippers see in Farage, Boris probably has it too. And to be honest out of the current field - Boris would probably be my preferred candidate to be Prime Minister.

Osborne is an incompetent Chancellor who has recently lost any possibility of PM due to cocking up a second budget and he is also looking increasingly disheveled and confused in the Commons.
May is dangerously authoritarian and has plans to take us out of the ECHR which puts in a camp with only Belarus.
Fox is far too hawkish and would no doubt appoint Adam Werrity as Chancellor.
Javid is so economically right-wing he makes Thatcher look centrist and is a follower of Ayn Rand.
Patel comes across as unintelligent and I have had my worries since I first came across her in a clip where she failed to accept facts and hard evidence in a Capital Punishment debate with Ian Hislop on Question Time.

Johnson comparatively is fairly moderate and of the Churchillian tradition within the Conservative party as opposed to the others who are all various shades of Thatcherite. Johnson is also too scheming not to become PM - for instance he's largely picked the leave campaign as that gives him suitable distance from Cameron, though he was no doubt hoping that Grassroots Out would get the nomination so he could pin any failure on Farage. Nonetheless I'd say I'm 90% certain he'll be the next Conservative leader. Though ideally I'd like one of the new working-class backbenchers to go for it as I imagine some of them are proper one-nation Conservatives - though I doubt any of them are as left-wing as MacMillan.
bilky asko

WillPS wrote:

I think she ruled that option out the moment she said she was in favour of the death penalty.

At least I bloody hope she did.
Yes, anyone with a modicum of knowledge on the death penalty or the law knew she was trying to bullshit her way out of making a stupid point. She didn't understand the difference between burden of proof and standard of proof, never mind the fact that standard of proof still didn't prevent wrongful hangings in the past.

If she became PM it would be a travesty.
robschneider

About the only worse thing than Diane Abbott as PM.
bilky asko

Has there been any polling around these Sky News interviews?
james2001

This latest set of opinion polls is seriously scaring me that this country's about to make a massive mistake and drive us up shit creek.

Only a couple of weeks ago Remain was on average around 10 points ahead, now we've seen about 5 polls in a row with Leave ahead... just what's gone wrong? Have so many people really changed their minds, or has something gone wrong with the polling?

I seriously hope we aren't waking up on the 24th to find we've voted out...
Philip

The Sun has a massive front page tomorrow endorsing the Leave vote. Momentum seems to be towards Leave.
james2001

Hopefully this is the shot in the arm the remain camp needed to scare voters out of complacency.

And who sane listens to Murdoch or his rags anyway?
Philip

james2001 wrote:Hopefully this is the shot in the arm the remain camp needed to scare voters out of complacency.

And who sane listens to Murdoch or his rags anyway?
The type of people more likely to vote leave of course! I'm no fan but it's the biggest newspaper in the country (unfortunately) and therefore could influence some votes at least