Top Gear

robschneider

You've still ignored my point about Evans. He has a history of bullying BBC colleagues often to the point of tears. Trust me, the fracas is nothing compared to what's to come.
WillPS

The man was on a public final warning and then assaulted somebody.

As for being "left to dry" - the man has a multi-million pound contract with Amazon. Not bad really.

I feel far more sorry for DLT, frankly.
robschneider

WillPS wrote:I feel far more sorry for DLT, frankly.
another loose cannon who believes his own hype completely.
PresIdents

robschneider wrote:You've still ignored my point about Evans. He has a history of bullying BBC colleagues often to the point of tears. Trust me, the fracas is nothing compared to what's to come.
Can Evans also melt steel beams? I'm only asking because the more I look at this, the more it looks like conspiracy theorist waffle.
WillPS

robschneider wrote:
WillPS wrote:I feel far more sorry for DLT, frankly.
another loose cannon who believes his own hype completely.
DLT has had several hideous allegations made against him - the only charge that can be made to stick against him is that he inappropriately touched a female who has since become a comedian and used the incident as part of her stand up comedy routine; yet if I were to name her in writing I would be in contempt of court for she demanded anonymity.

I shudder to think at how hideous it must be having to defend yourself against such allegations - but to come through all that as he has done, almost broke as a result of having to defend himself from 2 trials with many separate charges and absolutely no chance of any royalties since his only employer is now blocking broadcast of anything featuring him as if he is the devil incarnate.

I actually have no time for him as a broadcaster whatsoever - with the exception of BBC Four repeats of Top of the Pops for novelty value. I would agree he completely believed his own hype. I can't help but feel that he has been the victim, twice in fact, of a trial which should never have taken place and has needlessly had his reputation sunk beyond disrepute.
robschneider

Oh he's been hung out to dry for sure, but he's such an arsehole I can't feel sorry for him. Same with Neil Fox; he was found not guilty but the paperwork is uncomfortable reading. And he's an arse and all.