Is TV shite?

Dr Lobster*

all of us here are brought together by a common interest in tv, and tv presentation.

whilst i still have a passing interest in broadcast tv, technology and so on, it occurred to me following a conversation with a colleague that i haven't actually sat down and watched anything on telly for years.

people talk about various tv series they're currently into... i've never heard of them.

sometimes i look up the synopsis on wikipedia...i'm practically in a coma by the end of the first paragraph.

it's all just the same shite. the same shite we had years ago with better graphics and effects.

i really loved starwars as a kid. grew up with the original trilogy and toys. i can't even be arsed to go and see the new one. i just know it will be just the same crappy plot as the rest (evil guy in black.... wants to take over the galaxy.... the good guys eventually win). it's a bit like walking to the shops without your wallet. the journey might have some scenery, but you come away with nothing.

am i just getting too cynical or do you too feel pretty much everything on tv and cinema is just the same recycled old shite?
bilky asko

You'll be moving to Wiltshire soon and writing one of these sorts of posts every month on a website designed in HTML 3,2.