BBC News Channel Feed - Or Autoplay Window

Bail

Hi chaps, further to my infosigthingy post I've find what I need and am putting a snazzy screen together, I'd like to stick a feed of the BBC News Channel on it but I can't find a good way of doing so, I can use Sky News via Youtube and that works well, but it's sky news as I'd really rather BBC, does anyone know of a fullscreen/autoplaying feed of it, I can't get the iPlayer to do what I want, and some of the unofficial feeds work but get covered in ads...
Nick Harvey
God

Don't know a specific answer, but here's a pointer in a general direction.

Many of the display screens within the NHS, both in doctors' surgeries and in hospitals, have the BBC News Channel as *part* of the display, with other, NHS information in other parts of the screen. They must get their feed from somewhere.

Might be worth asking around.
cdd

The traditional route (which I'm not saying you should go down, but this is how I suspect most places would do it!) would be to have two feeds into the television - one being the display, and one being a conventional television receiver - and use the built-in Picture-In-Picture (or similar) feature to merge the two.

Less customisable, but probably more resilient (depending on what you're designing)!
Bail

Yeah that is one way, but not as integrated as I would like... as I say Sky News make it easy thanks to using YouTube, I could even make my own page and use an iframe to make it full screen for report videos, I just can't do it for the news channel live... All I can get to work is the normal page but even that behaves weirdly...

I just need the embed code really, the rest I can make work, but I can't for the life of my find any up to date options for doing that, which is annoying... as the more I watch Sky News because I can't get BBC the more I dislike it.

Here's now nice I can get Sky to look:

Pete

Wouldn't the easiest way to do it be to just feed in a freeview feed into the software you're using for the display?

Also why is this not entirely based upon the 2000 BBC World breakfiller complete with the music?

Pleas respond
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Bail

Gosh a breakfiller version would be so easy to do now, easy RSS text feed and video under... Maybe a side project.

I COULD get a tuner and use that and thats an easy enough option but, but thats money, surely there must be a way of getting the internet, besides isn't the news channel online only now? And you've got that music don't you, so you don't need me to make it. That and if I integrate it via web I can setup schedules, inputs to switch feeds from non TV as I need.
thegeek

You can get USB DTT tuners for about tuppence on eBay.
bilky asko

If I were doing it, I'd use a DTT tuner as an input into vMix, and set up a Twitter account so work colleagues could tweet in their inane comments on the news to appear on screen.
Bail

Fat lot of good you are then, also looking into the USB stick route, seems there isn't a Freeview HD compatible system yet for OSX :( Still no luck getting an online, did experiment with using TVCatchups one, but again I can't get a full screen/window one to run.
Pete

What system did you go with in the end btw?
"He has to be larger than bacon"