Chrome and Flash

barcode

No, im not on about cleaning a kitchen. Im trying to resolve the issues with Adobe Flash and Chrome. It seems you can update it on firefox but with chrome it just not wanting to play ball. Has anyone else had trouble with this? were you able to sort it out?
Finn

Flash is integrated into Chrome (I think it runs in a sandbox). I presume it'll only update when Chrome does.
dosxuk

Go to chrome://components, find "pepper flash" and get it to check for updates.
Martin Phillp

I thought Google were dumping Flash from Chrome all together, instead going with HTML5?
TVF's London Lite.
Critique

Martin Phillp wrote:I thought Google were dumping Flash from Chrome all together, instead going with HTML5?
I've not heard that, but they have stopped support for Microsoft Silverlight, which NOW TV relied on, meaning it doesn't work in Chrome anymore.
Martin Phillp

Critique wrote:
Martin Phillp wrote:I thought Google were dumping Flash from Chrome all together, instead going with HTML5?
I've not heard that, but they have stopped support for Microsoft Silverlight, which NOW TV relied on, meaning it doesn't work in Chrome anymore.
It appears Chrome have disabled NPAPI support from default from April (which includes Silverlight) which can be added back on for advanced users, then will disable it permanently from September.

http://blog.chromium.org/2014/11/the-fi ... npapi.html

Silverlight works with the Nitro browser which uses an older Chromium engine.
TVF's London Lite.
thegeek

I've disabled Flash in Chrome, and it doesn't appear that I'm missing much.

I believe it's been disabled in the latest Firefox update too.
Martin Phillp

thegeek wrote:I've disabled Flash in Chrome, and it doesn't appear that I'm missing much.

I believe it's been disabled in the latest Firefox update too.
It was blocked, but is enabled again with the latest Flash update.
TVF's London Lite.
barcode

It seems some of the trouble I've been having, is partly down the fact my chrome will not update itself.
Martin Phillp

barcode wrote:It seems some of the trouble I've been having, is partly down the fact my chrome will not update itself.
I had similar problems with Chrome. I had to completely remove Chrome right down to the registry level and then download it again.
TVF's London Lite.
barcode

Martin Phillp wrote:
barcode wrote:It seems some of the trouble I've been having, is partly down the fact my chrome will not update itself.
I had similar problems with Chrome. I had to completely remove Chrome right down to the registry level and then download it again.
I done that, including ripping out hidden folders etc and still it will not work. :x