The Media.info News and Infomation board

Martin Phillp

While most of us don't visit Media.info (formerly Media UK)'s forum's. It's worth monitoring some of the posts on there.

For example, here's a thread about ehm'ing and aa'ing from Art Grainger. Now while he deliberately trolls to get reactions, it's overtaken by our very own cityprod who once again comes up with the goods with yet no acceptance of his own errors. Also includes a THREE hour radio 'special' of James Bond themes!

https://media.info/radio/discussions/ra ... e-the-ehm-
TVF's London Lite.
robschneider

Art Grainger and Ian Beaumont (aka Cityprod) are like a double act on there. Art I think must have some autism complex because every opportunity he gets, he rants at how stations ident themselves. They also both hate networking on Heart and think is should be more like Radio 2 (er, a national radio station.)

Art is incredibly negative and never has anything good to say about anything. Ian Beaumont thinks he knows how it should be done but doesn't really.

Meanwhile the rest of the forum ignore anything interesting, like Global's acquisition of Juice, yet Apple announce Beats Radio or something about DAB happens, they piss themselves like an excited dog.
Martin Phillp

robschneider wrote:
Meanwhile the rest of the forum ignore anything interesting, like Global's acquisition of Juice, yet Apple announce Beats Radio or something about DAB happens, they piss themselves like an excited dog.
I think the problem is that with Media Info's real names policy, people are scared to bitch about Global, unlike on DS where everything is "Global is evil" etc.

Personally I'd rather discuss Apple's Beats One radio or DAB without the usual bollocks that is spouted about it being crap.

In other Art Grainger news, he claims he made the one and only complaint to Ofcom about off-air swearing that ended up going on-air on Heart Scotland.

https://media.info/radio/discussions/ra ... e-amateurs
TVF's London Lite.
stu

Didn't their forum only allow industry types to join or am I thinking of somewhere else? I can't remember where I got those clean late 90's WM jingles from that I lost, must have been there.
robschneider

You know you're fucked when Mike Mendoza comes online to take the piss out of you.
Martin Phillp

stu wrote:Didn't their forum only allow industry types to join or am I thinking of somewhere else? I can't remember where I got those clean late 90's WM jingles from that I lost, must have been there.
Yeah, it basically transformed from a Digital Spy style bitchfest to an industry forum, although you can hardly call Grainger and Beaumont at the height of the radio industry.
TVF's London Lite.
robschneider

It was a great forum in the mid-00s. The policy was for "verified" real-names, rather than industry professionals. Sadly, when the industry was decimated in 2008 due to the combination of deregulation and Global's aquisition of GCap Media, the place became a bit of a wasteland. Now you have Cridland tossing off about apps, Art and Ian being complete bell-ends, and Josh Lincoln spaffing himself over technical stuff.
bilky asko

I'm still recovering from reading that Cityprod made a 3-hour radio programme of James Bond music.
Martin Phillp

bilky asko wrote:I'm still recovering from reading that Cityprod made a 3-hour radio programme of James Bond music.
It'll give everyone over on TVF years of ammunition when he tries to be knowledgeable again.
robschneider wrote:It was a great forum in the mid-00s. The policy was for "verified" real-names, rather than industry professionals. Sadly, when the industry was decimated in 2008 due to the combination of deregulation and Global's aquisition of GCap Media, the place became a bit of a wasteland. Now you have Cridland tossing off about apps, Art and Ian being complete bell-ends, and Josh Lincoln spaffing himself over technical stuff.
Josh bloody Lincoln! The Russian pedant who corrects people's grammar and punctuation despite English being a second language.
TVF's London Lite.
Philip

It looks as though only the same five people post in every topic.
robschneider

Martin Phillp wrote:Josh bloody Lincoln! The Russian pedant who corrects people's grammar and punctuation despite English being a second language.
That's commies for ya.