The Media.info News and Infomation board

Post Reply
Martin Phillp
Posts: 908
Joined: Wed 11 May, 2011 01.28

Sun 14 Jun, 2015 15.30

While most of us don't visit Media.info (formerly Media UK)'s forum's. It's worth monitoring some of the posts on there.

For example, here's a thread about ehm'ing and aa'ing from Art Grainger. Now while he deliberately trolls to get reactions, it's overtaken by our very own cityprod who once again comes up with the goods with yet no acceptance of his own errors. Also includes a THREE hour radio 'special' of James Bond themes!

https://media.info/radio/discussions/ra ... e-the-ehm-
TVF's London Lite.
robschneider
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed 14 Aug, 2013 14.53

Mon 15 Jun, 2015 18.58

Art Grainger and Ian Beaumont (aka Cityprod) are like a double act on there. Art I think must have some autism complex because every opportunity he gets, he rants at how stations ident themselves. They also both hate networking on Heart and think is should be more like Radio 2 (er, a national radio station.)

Art is incredibly negative and never has anything good to say about anything. Ian Beaumont thinks he knows how it should be done but doesn't really.

Meanwhile the rest of the forum ignore anything interesting, like Global's acquisition of Juice, yet Apple announce Beats Radio or something about DAB happens, they piss themselves like an excited dog.
Martin Phillp
Posts: 908
Joined: Wed 11 May, 2011 01.28

Mon 15 Jun, 2015 22.42

robschneider wrote:
Meanwhile the rest of the forum ignore anything interesting, like Global's acquisition of Juice, yet Apple announce Beats Radio or something about DAB happens, they piss themselves like an excited dog.
I think the problem is that with Media Info's real names policy, people are scared to bitch about Global, unlike on DS where everything is "Global is evil" etc.

Personally I'd rather discuss Apple's Beats One radio or DAB without the usual bollocks that is spouted about it being crap.

In other Art Grainger news, he claims he made the one and only complaint to Ofcom about off-air swearing that ended up going on-air on Heart Scotland.

https://media.info/radio/discussions/ra ... e-amateurs
TVF's London Lite.
stu
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri 15 Aug, 2003 19.34
Location: Kings Oak

Tue 16 Jun, 2015 02.37

Didn't their forum only allow industry types to join or am I thinking of somewhere else? I can't remember where I got those clean late 90's WM jingles from that I lost, must have been there.
robschneider
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed 14 Aug, 2013 14.53

Tue 16 Jun, 2015 10.19

You know you're fucked when Mike Mendoza comes online to take the piss out of you.
Martin Phillp
Posts: 908
Joined: Wed 11 May, 2011 01.28

Tue 16 Jun, 2015 11.38

stu wrote:Didn't their forum only allow industry types to join or am I thinking of somewhere else? I can't remember where I got those clean late 90's WM jingles from that I lost, must have been there.
Yeah, it basically transformed from a Digital Spy style bitchfest to an industry forum, although you can hardly call Grainger and Beaumont at the height of the radio industry.
TVF's London Lite.
robschneider
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed 14 Aug, 2013 14.53

Tue 16 Jun, 2015 12.37

It was a great forum in the mid-00s. The policy was for "verified" real-names, rather than industry professionals. Sadly, when the industry was decimated in 2008 due to the combination of deregulation and Global's aquisition of GCap Media, the place became a bit of a wasteland. Now you have Cridland tossing off about apps, Art and Ian being complete bell-ends, and Josh Lincoln spaffing himself over technical stuff.
bilky asko
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sat 08 Nov, 2008 19.48

Tue 16 Jun, 2015 13.33

I'm still recovering from reading that Cityprod made a 3-hour radio programme of James Bond music.
Image
Martin Phillp
Posts: 908
Joined: Wed 11 May, 2011 01.28

Tue 16 Jun, 2015 16.32

bilky asko wrote:I'm still recovering from reading that Cityprod made a 3-hour radio programme of James Bond music.
It'll give everyone over on TVF years of ammunition when he tries to be knowledgeable again.
robschneider wrote:It was a great forum in the mid-00s. The policy was for "verified" real-names, rather than industry professionals. Sadly, when the industry was decimated in 2008 due to the combination of deregulation and Global's aquisition of GCap Media, the place became a bit of a wasteland. Now you have Cridland tossing off about apps, Art and Ian being complete bell-ends, and Josh Lincoln spaffing himself over technical stuff.
Josh bloody Lincoln! The Russian pedant who corrects people's grammar and punctuation despite English being a second language.
TVF's London Lite.
Philip
Posts: 924
Joined: Fri 22 Feb, 2008 21.23
Location: Merseyside
Contact:

Tue 16 Jun, 2015 20.10

It looks as though only the same five people post in every topic.
Image
robschneider
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed 14 Aug, 2013 14.53

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 10.24

Martin Phillp wrote:Josh bloody Lincoln! The Russian pedant who corrects people's grammar and punctuation despite English being a second language.
That's commies for ya.
Post Reply