The Barclays and other non-Lloyds/TSB Bank thread

thegeek
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat 04 Jun, 2005 12.35

They must have known we were talking about them: there's a new card design out:
Image

that 'Credit card.' text looks really clumsy, but I appreciate the dummy name they've chosen.

this page has been updated and suggests they're updating the artwork of all their cards.
User avatar
WillPS
Posts: 2049
Joined: Tue 22 Apr, 2008 18.32
Location: Carlton
Contact:

I'm not really sure it's an improvement overall.

Anyone got any ideas what a Bonus Credit Card was/is, and why it attracts no extra points unlike the name might suggest?
Image
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 7199
Joined: Fri 15 Aug, 2003 13.36
Location: Dundee

WillPS wrote:
Mon 10 Feb, 2020 21.20
I'm not really sure it's an improvement overall.

Anyone got any ideas what a Bonus Credit Card was/is, and why it attracts no extra points unlike the name might suggest?
there was talk of a clubcard plus credit card...
"He has to be larger than bacon"
User avatar
WillPS
Posts: 2049
Joined: Tue 22 Apr, 2008 18.32
Location: Carlton
Contact:

Pete wrote:
Tue 11 Feb, 2020 08.50
WillPS wrote:
Mon 10 Feb, 2020 21.20
I'm not really sure it's an improvement overall.

Anyone got any ideas what a Bonus Credit Card was/is, and why it attracts no extra points unlike the name might suggest?
there was talk of a clubcard plus credit card...
That's already available. It's pretty much the same as the standard credit card, except it offers zero foreign exchange fees.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/02/0 ... rd-review/
Image
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 7199
Joined: Fri 15 Aug, 2003 13.36
Location: Dundee

urgh. that's rubbish. I'm sure I managed to get a super low rate 5% tesco card recently.

not that I really use them like that but it's nicer when you maybe spread a big payment over two months to get charged £3 rather than £12
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Martin Phillp
Posts: 985
Joined: Wed 11 May, 2011 01.28

RBS Group is rebranding as NatWest Group later this summer due to 80% of their customers bank with the Natwest brand.

There are no plans to rebrand RBS and Ulster Bank as NatWest where the brands will continue as normal.
TVF's London Lite.
thegeek
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat 04 Jun, 2005 12.35

Martin Phillp wrote:
Sat 15 Feb, 2020 01.59
RBS Group is rebranding as NatWest Group later this summer due to 80% of their customers bank with the Natwest brand.
I'm sure that'll go down well in Edinburgh.
Martin Phillp
Posts: 985
Joined: Wed 11 May, 2011 01.28

thegeek wrote:
Sun 16 Feb, 2020 12.12
Martin Phillp wrote:
Sat 15 Feb, 2020 01.59
RBS Group is rebranding as NatWest Group later this summer due to 80% of their customers bank with the Natwest brand.
I'm sure that'll go down well in Edinburgh.
Scots nationalists aren't very happy about it for sure, although retail customers will still bank with RBS north of the border.
TVF's London Lite.
User avatar
WillPS
Posts: 2049
Joined: Tue 22 Apr, 2008 18.32
Location: Carlton
Contact:

Martin Phillp wrote:
Sun 16 Feb, 2020 21.18
thegeek wrote:
Sun 16 Feb, 2020 12.12
Martin Phillp wrote:
Sat 15 Feb, 2020 01.59
RBS Group is rebranding as NatWest Group later this summer due to 80% of their customers bank with the Natwest brand.
I'm sure that'll go down well in Edinburgh.
Scots nationalists aren't very happy about it for sure, although retail customers will still bank with RBS north of the border.
Unless they currently bank with NatWest Scotland.
Image
JAS84
Posts: 454
Joined: Fri 12 Aug, 2011 10.23
Location: Hull, UK

Virgin Money has announced some branch closures - including the one I use.
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/bu ... se-3890800
Martin Phillp
Posts: 985
Joined: Wed 11 May, 2011 01.28

Which banks still use foreign call centres? Barclays who my mother banks with still uses them and the call centre operatives were very hard to understand for someone who's used to speaking to foreign call centre operatives to resolve an issue.

In the end, my mother gave me permission to access her internet banking to resolve it, which they'd rather you use anyway, once I found her PINsentry reader!
TVF's London Lite.
Please Respond