Giving your ball a rub for the election

Square Eyes

Perhaps the bigger challenge is to predict who the leaders of each political party will be a year on from now ?

The only certainty really being Sturgeon.
robschneider

If David Cameron resigns, Boris Johnson to take over as leader.
If Ed Miliband resigns, the right brother will have a crack at it.
If the Lib Dems don't form part of the next Government, Nick Clegg will resign.
all new Phil

It's not exactly as simple as David Miliband replacing his brother. He's not an MP anymore, he lives in the US. I shudder at the thought of it, because he genuinely makes me feel queasy, but I think Chukka Umuna will be the one to replace Ed.

Boris for the Tories, no doubt about it, if Cameron goes.

UKIP need someone like Suzanne Evans. Paul Nuttall just looks like the UKIP stereotype and doesn't come across well at all.

Someone like Jo Swinson for the Lib Dems.
Alexia

robschneider wrote:If the Lib Dems don't form part of the next Government, Nick Clegg will resign.
Nick Clegg will be out of a job at about 4am next Friday morning when Sheffield Hallam goes red.
Pete

all new Phil wrote:It's not exactly as simple as David Miliband replacing his brother. He's not an MP anymore, he lives in the US. I shudder at the thought of it, because he genuinely makes me feel queasy, but I think Chukka Umuna will be the one to replace Ed.

Boris for the Tories, no doubt about it, if Cameron goes.

UKIP need someone like Suzanne Evans. Paul Nuttall just looks like the UKIP stereotype and doesn't come across well at all.

Someone like Jo Swinson for the Lib Dems.
Agree on all counts.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
WillPS

I really hope the polls haven't tracked something which actually gives Labour the biggest share of seats on Friday. The Tories are already setting the tone for the nonsense which will follow if these polls are correct - Cameron seems to think government will be his regardless of whether he can actually command a majority.

Fucking Tories.
all new Phil

WillPS wrote:I really hope the polls haven't tracked something which actually gives Labour the biggest share of seats on Friday. The Tories are already setting the tone for the nonsense which will follow if these polls are correct - Cameron seems to think government will be his regardless of whether he can actually command a majority.
He does? Are you sure your judgement isn't just being clouded by your political bias?
Fucking Tories.
Ah yes, there we go.
Alexia

Whatever Labour does, it'll be doing it wrong in the eyes of the press and Sky News.

273-268 is more or less a dead heat. If the Tories and their media allies crow about "winning" with a plurality of under 10, then they'll look pathetic.
WillPS

all new Phil wrote:
WillPS wrote:I really hope the polls haven't tracked something which actually gives Labour the biggest share of seats on Friday. The Tories are already setting the tone for the nonsense which will follow if these polls are correct - Cameron seems to think government will be his regardless of whether he can actually command a majority.
He does? Are you sure your judgement isn't just being clouded by your political bias?
Fucking Tories.
Ah yes, there we go.
http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/new ... s-cameron/

Evidently I'm not hiding my political bias. What I'm saying is correct, regardless.
Critique

So, erm, when did the rule that profile pictures on here have to be of your face go?
barcode

What if something like Feb 1974? Ie Labour more seats but Torys have more votes?