The Official McDonalds & other Fast Food Thread

all new Phil

Philip wrote:Can we talk about Subway? I went to a Subway drive-thru recently. They make your subs the same as if you parked up and went in and ordered it, at the front of the shop. You have to wait the same amount of time. So what's the point? I dread to think how long you'd have to wait if there was a considerable queue.
Well I think the point is that you don't have to leave your car. I do also question the point in this, however. Same for Costa and Starbucks drive-thrus. Surely for something like this, they'd benefit more from people going into the store so they can upsell and suggestive sell to them a bit more easily?
WillPS

all new Phil wrote:
Philip wrote:Can we talk about Subway? I went to a Subway drive-thru recently. They make your subs the same as if you parked up and went in and ordered it, at the front of the shop. You have to wait the same amount of time. So what's the point? I dread to think how long you'd have to wait if there was a considerable queue.
Well I think the point is that you don't have to leave your car. I do also question the point in this, however. Same for Costa and Starbucks drive-thrus. Surely for something like this, they'd benefit more from people going into the store so they can upsell and suggestive sell to them a bit more easily?
My experience is that the service inside Costa/Starbucks drive thru branches is far slower as a result of expediting drive thru orders.

KFC have had touch screens for a little while in Welcome Breaks. They're quite useful for finding price hacks.
bilky asko

McDonald's announces global shake-up (BBC News)

The expert on BBC Breakfast seemed to suggest that the US McDonald's branches will become more like the UK ones, with leaner menus and a more modern style.