Poundland to buy out 99p stores

Alexia

robschneider wrote: do you think I'm completely round the bend?
Er, yes. Have we not dropped enough hints?
bilky asko

robschneider wrote:Let's clear something up here. I do a lot of driving in my line of work, so they're good to have in the car where I'm not bothered about something that costs a quid being subject to the huge environmental variables of a car. I'm not putting my £60 Armani Code in there... do you think I'm completely round the bend? The constant temperature changes and sunlight will bugger the fragrance.

I keep my aftershave in the fridge for that reason. Cool and dark.
Isn't a can of antiperspirant enough for that purpose? Also, you're paying too much for your Armani Code if you're paying £60 for a bottle. (EDIT: What's stopping you from decanting the fragrance into smaller bottles in any case?)

On a related note, I once bought a 100ml bottle of Gucci Envy for Men from TK Maxx for £16. It turns out that it's a heavily sought-after fragrance these days, after being discontinued - so much so, I managed to sell the empty bottle for £5.
robschneider

These are what I'm talking about... http://www.ramarketing.co/products.html
bilky asko

robschneider wrote:These are what I'm talking about... http://www.ramarketing.co/products.html
This is what I'm talking about:

scottishtv

robschneider wrote:do you think I'm completely round the bend?
robschneider wrote:I keep my aftershave in the fridge.
You've kinda answered your own question.
Alexia

Do you know what? I see shaving as a necessity, a chore. I do it once a week if I can help it, usually in the fug of a Monday morning. My one luxury is a Gillette Mach3 Turbo, but I use Boot's own brand shave foam. Bish bash bosh, smoother than a UKIP supporter's buttocks. That's it. Everything else is meaningless preening bollocks.
bilky asko

Surely a grooming connoisseur would know the difference between aftershave and perfume? Refrigerating an aftershave will counteract the sensation of your face being on fire; nobody on that thread was advocating it to preserve their precious perfumes.
Martin Phillp

The CMA have approved the sale of 99p Stores Ltd to Poundland with no sale of stores.

This means Poundland will have 800 stores with 99p Stores rebranding as Poundland.

However where 99p Stores and Poundland currently trade close to each other, I'd expect Poundland to sell or not renew the shop lease.

http://news.sky.com/story/1554916/pound ... is-cleared
TVF's London Lite.
WillPS

Martin Phillp wrote:The CMA have approved the sale of 99p Stores Ltd to Poundland with no sale of stores.

This means Poundland will have 800 stores with 99p Stores rebranding as Poundland.

However where 99p Stores and Poundland currently trade close to each other, I'd expect Poundland to sell or not renew the shop lease.

http://news.sky.com/story/1554916/pound ... is-cleared
How close? Poundland already have stores within 200m of eachother.
"Consequently, customers would not face a reduction in choice, value or quality of service as a result of the merger."
Poundland confirmed at that time that 99p customers would have to pay an extra 1p for their products.
So from that we can conclude that all pack sizes will be increasing by at least a 99th?
Martin Phillp

WillPS wrote:
"Consequently, customers would not face a reduction in choice, value or quality of service as a result of the merger."
Poundland confirmed at that time that 99p customers would have to pay an extra 1p for their products.
It'll be interesting to see if Poundland take on some of the products that 99p Stores sell in their shops. I pop in the 99p Stores shop to get Neutradol Quick Sprays which aren't sold in the latter.

However, the integration should lead to shops being better stocked and Poundland appear to have more branded products than 99p.
TVF's London Lite.