The Great Creme Egg Scandal of 2015

Philip

So, has anyone tried one?

Their explanation of "It's never been called Cadbury's Dairy Milk Creme Egg" is factually correct but still feels a bit of a cop out.
barcode

Its vile, the goo inside is the shame, but the choch is nasty. I woudl wait until Caburys cream egg bar comes out instead.
Alexia

Can't say I've noticed a difference. Or that I really care.
all new Phil

I'm inclined to agree. I don't get this thing of Cadburys being the holy grail of chocolate. It's nice enough but christ, it's only chocolate.
bilky asko

The fondant centre tastes the same, but the chocolate shell is practically flavourless. If you eat them fast, you probably won't notice the change.

They've also reduced the six pack to a five pack.
Philip

I have now tasted the offending article and can report my findings.

It tastes very similar to normal Cadbury's chocolate, but with less milk, leaving a rather bad aftertaste.
cwathen

Having myself suffered the hardship of non dairy milk chocolate in my crème egg, I have to say I didn't really notice much difference in the quality of the chocolate, but it seemed a lot thinner to me (although I may be imagining it). ISTR a crème egg always taking a decent crunch to bite into, this one just fell apart.

Personally, I think the whole thing is a shameless promotion to re-ignite interest in crème eggs, I'm giving it about another month till a dramatic U-turn is done and an announcement made that Dairy Milk chocolate will be back next year due to consumer demand, which will also see it re-launched with 'Dairy Milk' in the name and a huge price hike.
Philip

On a similar topic, I note that recently they've been flooding the market with various different 'Cadbury Daily Milk with...' variations with Mondelēz brands, such as Oreo and Daim. The one that's baffling me is Chip's Ahoy, which as far as I can tell has never actually been sold over here?
Critique

Philip wrote:On a similar topic, I note that recently they've been flooding the market with various different 'Cadbury Daily Milk with...' variations with Mondelēz brands, such as Oreo and Daim. The one that's baffling me is Chip's Ahoy, which as far as I can tell has never actually been sold over here?
Yes, Chips Ahoy is certainly a brand I'd never seen over here before, but I have spotted it in supermarkets and even little corner shops since they released the Dairy Milk version, so I might just have never paid attention to it!

I'm sure I've seen reference to Kraft again on the Dairy Milk packaging recently - I thought they changed all of that to Mondolez?
bilky asko

Philip wrote:On a similar topic, I note that recently they've been flooding the market with various different 'Cadbury Daily Milk with...' variations with Mondelēz brands, such as Oreo and Daim. The one that's baffling me is Chip's Ahoy, which as far as I can tell has never actually been sold over here?
They appeared alongside the launch of the (crap tasting) cookies. Perhaps a combination of that and the shite name has meant that the bars are going cheap in Heron Foods (and presumably the other usual suspects like B&M), where the new Wonka bars also went to die recently.
barcode

I bet if Daily milk with Creme egg comes out it will be a very big seller..