2015 UK Election

User avatar
WillPS
Posts: 2092
Joined: Tue 22 Apr, 2008 18.32
Location: Carlton
Contact:

robschneider wrote:
bilky asko wrote:Do you think the Green Party is a protest vote? Or, perhaps more pertinently, do you think that the majority of people voting for them will be protest-voting?
I would say absolutely. They'll pick up a lot of younger people, particularly students who generally tend to lean towards the left anyway.
Surely voting even partially based on policy cannot possibly be a "protest vote"?
Image
bilky asko
Posts: 1187
Joined: Sat 08 Nov, 2008 19.48

WillPS wrote:
robschneider wrote:
bilky asko wrote:Do you think the Green Party is a protest vote? Or, perhaps more pertinently, do you think that the majority of people voting for them will be protest-voting?
I would say absolutely. They'll pick up a lot of younger people, particularly students who generally tend to lean towards the left anyway.
Surely voting even partially based on policy cannot possibly be a "protest vote"?
Indeed - that's the reason I asked the question. If UKIP are a protest vote, how do the Greens differ so that they aren't a protest vote?
Image
barcode
Posts: 1473
Joined: Wed 29 Aug, 2007 19.36

and if Voter turn out increase to even 70% that has to be good.
robschneider
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed 14 Aug, 2013 14.53

Maybe the BBC will send him to the 2016 contest, we've had two nearly-deads this decade so let's go the whole hog!
Alexia
Posts: 2975
Joined: Sat 01 Oct, 2005 17.50

There's a thought .... Any correlation between rise of UKIP and UK doing crap in Eurovision?
robschneider
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed 14 Aug, 2013 14.53

Alexia wrote:There's a thought .... Any correlation between rise of UKIP and UK doing crap in Eurovision?
You might get the impression that Europe hates us looking at the scoreboard, but no. The only real explanation is the UK not wanting to fully join the party (ie. take the Euro) or even join the party at all with the looming referendum. I'd love to know what, if any, role Tony Blair's victory 36 hours or so before the 1997 show played in us winning that year.
bilky asko
Posts: 1187
Joined: Sat 08 Nov, 2008 19.48

Correlation ≠ Causation

Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
iSon
Moderator
Posts: 1558
Joined: Fri 15 Aug, 2003 23.24
Location: London

robschneider wrote:
Alexia wrote:There's a thought .... Any correlation between rise of UKIP and UK doing crap in Eurovision?
You might get the impression that Europe hates us looking at the scoreboard, but no. The only real explanation is the UK not wanting to fully join the party (ie. take the Euro) or even join the party at all with the looming referendum. I'd love to know what, if any, role Tony Blair's victory 36 hours or so before the 1997 show played in us winning that year.
Wow.
Good Lord!
barcode
Posts: 1473
Joined: Wed 29 Aug, 2007 19.36

This man stills sticks to this:
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... l-election

Win: 34.6%,
Loses: 30.3%

i wonder how right he will actually be.
barcode
Posts: 1473
Joined: Wed 29 Aug, 2007 19.36

This is a bit cheeky from the lib dems.

http://www.blukip.org/
Please Respond