2015 UK Election

WillPS

robschneider wrote:
bilky asko wrote:Do you think the Green Party is a protest vote? Or, perhaps more pertinently, do you think that the majority of people voting for them will be protest-voting?
I would say absolutely. They'll pick up a lot of younger people, particularly students who generally tend to lean towards the left anyway.
Surely voting even partially based on policy cannot possibly be a "protest vote"?
bilky asko

WillPS wrote:
robschneider wrote:
bilky asko wrote:Do you think the Green Party is a protest vote? Or, perhaps more pertinently, do you think that the majority of people voting for them will be protest-voting?
I would say absolutely. They'll pick up a lot of younger people, particularly students who generally tend to lean towards the left anyway.
Surely voting even partially based on policy cannot possibly be a "protest vote"?
Indeed - that's the reason I asked the question. If UKIP are a protest vote, how do the Greens differ so that they aren't a protest vote?
barcode

and if Voter turn out increase to even 70% that has to be good.
robschneider

Maybe the BBC will send him to the 2016 contest, we've had two nearly-deads this decade so let's go the whole hog!
Alexia

There's a thought .... Any correlation between rise of UKIP and UK doing crap in Eurovision?
robschneider

Alexia wrote:There's a thought .... Any correlation between rise of UKIP and UK doing crap in Eurovision?
You might get the impression that Europe hates us looking at the scoreboard, but no. The only real explanation is the UK not wanting to fully join the party (ie. take the Euro) or even join the party at all with the looming referendum. I'd love to know what, if any, role Tony Blair's victory 36 hours or so before the 1997 show played in us winning that year.
bilky asko

Correlation ≠ Causation

iSon

robschneider wrote:
Alexia wrote:There's a thought .... Any correlation between rise of UKIP and UK doing crap in Eurovision?
You might get the impression that Europe hates us looking at the scoreboard, but no. The only real explanation is the UK not wanting to fully join the party (ie. take the Euro) or even join the party at all with the looming referendum. I'd love to know what, if any, role Tony Blair's victory 36 hours or so before the 1997 show played in us winning that year.
Wow.
Good Lord!
barcode

This man stills sticks to this:
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... l-election

Win: 34.6%,
Loses: 30.3%

i wonder how right he will actually be.
barcode

This is a bit cheeky from the lib dems.

http://www.blukip.org/