Acquiring Metropol (possible offer)

thegeek

Dillon Lawrence wrote:Here is an example of the menu bar (at the top of the site) with more to come:
http://up.metropol247.co.uk/Dillon%20La ... apture.png
Is that logo inspired by goatse?

Also, what's your business plan for Metropol?
Dillon Lawrence

dosxuk wrote:
Dillon Lawrence wrote:It's important but XF is also bug-free.
No it's not. Very very few pieces of software are bug free, and they're extensively tested and built to much stricter rules than a piece of open source software - we're talking things like air traffic control, space exploration, weapons control - stuff which if it goes wrong (and it still does) can have very bad consequences.

The idea that XenForo is bug free is laughable.

Also, interesting that that theme is designed for Joomla...

Also, if you are also able to purchase TV Forum, would you be intending to move that to XenForo too?
Bug-free hypothetically. At least in comparison to VBulletin 5 which has been nothing short of a disaster. Look at their bug reports. Many are fixed very quickly and are few and far in between. With regards to TV Forum, no. It works in it's current format but if I thought it would benefit TV Forum maybe. If anyone here wouldn't want the change (the majority) It would not happen.

Also the PHPBB theme (not Joomla) is here:
http://demo.rockettheme.com/phpbb3/search.php?style=102
Dillon Lawrence

thegeek wrote:
Dillon Lawrence wrote:Here is an example of the menu bar (at the top of the site) with more to come:
http://up.metropol247.co.uk/Dillon%20La ... apture.png
Is that logo inspired by goatse?

Also, what's your business plan for Metropol?
That's nothing more than an example logo, shipped with the theme.
dosxuk

Dillon Lawrence wrote:Also the PHPBB theme (not Joomla) is here:
Ah, that would be why I couldn't find it, I was searching for XF but could only find Joomla links. I have to say, going to an off the shelf rather than completely customised theme would make an impressive change to the aesthetics of Metropol.

Oh and by the way, the typo which made me think you were 16 seems to have been made on the XF forums too.

Just thought I'd let you know, don't want anyone else thinking you're still a minor when you're actually 26. Odd how the same mistake has been made in several places - maybe your mouse wheel is a bit dodgy?
Dillon Lawrence

dosxuk wrote:
Dillon Lawrence wrote:Also the PHPBB theme (not Joomla) is here:
Ah, that would be why I couldn't find it, I was searching for XF but could only find Joomla links. I have to say, going to an off the shelf rather than completely customised theme would make an impressive change to the aesthetics of Metropol.

Oh and by the way, the typo which made me think you were 16 seems to have been made on the XF forums too.

Just thought I'd let you know, don't want anyone else thinking you're still a minor when you're actually 26. Odd how the same mistake has been made in several places - maybe your mouse wheel is a bit dodgy?
Strange really, I'm not on the XF forums (yet)!
dosxuk

Dillon Lawrence wrote:Strange really, I'm not on the XF forums (yet)!
Then I reckon you've got a 16 year old stalker.
Dillon Lawrence wrote:Also, how (like the XenForo forums) can I add 'Cableturn Moderator' under the user's avatar?
[source]

Dillon Lawrence

dosxuk wrote:
Dillon Lawrence wrote:Strange really, I'm not on the XF forums (yet)!
Then I reckon you've got a 16 year old stalker.
Dillon Lawrence wrote:Also, how (like the XenForo forums) can I add 'Cableturn Moderator' under the user's avatar?
[source]
OK, dosxuk. Very well. You've caught me out. Why didn't I want people to know? Well, because that would lead to people thinking less of me (or might). I certainly didn't own channelwiki though :)

An off the shelf theme will only be the base.
Critique

Well at least he admitted it. TVmocker14 was adamant he had 26 GCSEs or something and that he was nearly 18.
Pete

dosxuk wrote:I have to say, going to an off the shelf rather than completely customised theme would make an impressive change to the aesthetics of Metropol.
Yes Metro has always had completely original themes since day one. I think any new theme would again have to be done from scratch. Also we've never really had theme by consensus here. It's more it appears out of nowhere and everyone praises the designers.

BTW there is currently 16GB of files on the upload service. Also is the backup of the TV Room included because that's another 2gb of vital data. Also what about the previous themes? There is a significant amount of high quality graphic design work in there.

I mean if I'm honest, £300 is insultingly low for a website that has been running longer than Facebook.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
dosxuk

Dillon Lawrence wrote:I certainly didn't own channelwiki though :)
So you're not Mr. Cool who got temp banned from DS for spamming channelwiki everywhere, to the point of even getting it added to the swear filter?
Jonny

Dillon Lawrence wrote:OK, dosxuk. Very well. You've caught me out. Why didn't I want people to know? Well, because that would lead to people thinking less of me (or might). I certainly didn't own channelwiki though :)
One can only then question the authenticity of your other assertions and assurances though and thus the true intentions of your imminent purchase.

rip metro.