The Range

Critique

simonipswich wrote:
Pete wrote:So, we've just had one of these things open in Dundee and I'm somewhat baffled as to what the purpose of the place is.

It seems to be a jack of all trades where the majority of the stuff is just utter shite. The canvases are the ugliest I've ever seen in my life and the kitchenwear is of the worst "MOAR WORDS ON THINGS" type. Yet despite that they seem to have an excellent arts and stationery dept which is far more reasonably priced than either staples or hobbycraft.

Their Christmas decorations are probably the most hideous I've ever seen, the tree inside an upside down umbrella spraying polystyrene snow over all and sundry was a particular lowlight.

Opinions please...
I have to agree the store is utter shite. We have one in Ipswich, the staff look like they should be licking windows and some of their customers are like Zombies of the Dead!
Doesn't help that it's situated in one of the worst thought out retail parks in the universe. One long road to enter/exit the car park for all the various shops, meaning that sometimes it can be a 45 minute journey just to get out of the car park!
simonipswich

Critique wrote:
simonipswich wrote:
Pete wrote:So, we've just had one of these things open in Dundee and I'm somewhat baffled as to what the purpose of the place is.

It seems to be a jack of all trades where the majority of the stuff is just utter shite. The canvases are the ugliest I've ever seen in my life and the kitchenwear is of the worst "MOAR WORDS ON THINGS" type. Yet despite that they seem to have an excellent arts and stationery dept which is far more reasonably priced than either staples or hobbycraft.

Their Christmas decorations are probably the most hideous I've ever seen, the tree inside an upside down umbrella spraying polystyrene snow over all and sundry was a particular lowlight.

Opinions please...
I have to agree the store is utter shite. We have one in Ipswich, the staff look like they should be licking windows and some of their customers are like Zombies of the Dead!
Doesn't help that it's situated in one of the worst thought out retail parks in the universe. One long road to enter/exit the car park for all the various shops, meaning that sometimes it can be a 45 minute journey just to get out of the car park!
You're right it's daft. I don't understand why they never added a set of traffic lights to their junction in the same way as they did for Lidl across the road. Maybe the retail parks owners wouldn't contribute towards the cost? One simple way would be to introduce a no right turn, forcing anyone coming off the retail park there up London Road to the junction with Portman Road and Handford Road where there are now lights.