Virgin Netflix tie up

Pete

So, Netflix is coming to TiVo.

Very rudely I have not been selected as one of the trialists however am very exicted about the concept as I won't have to faf about plugging HDMI leads into my laptop.

That said, given how shite the Spotify app is on TiVo (playlists in order? er no) I am slightly wary. Esp if they fail to implement the text-type typing system and leave us to move around an A-Z keyboard like Youtube.

oh and on the subject of youtube, does anyone else find that the whole connect to TV thing is very flakey and constantly forgets your phone / pc ?

see here ……..

THEREGISTER.CO.UK
15-Sep-2013 @ 09:38
"He has to be larger than bacon"
WillPS

Surely it will just use the same app as the American TiVo uses?
Pete

WillPS wrote:Surely it will just use the same app as the American TiVo uses?
is that any good?
WillPS

Dunno. I live in England and none of my American mates have it. Where's MrTomServo when you need him?
Ebeneezer Scrooge

Pete wrote:oh and on the subject of youtube, does anyone else find that the whole connect to TV thing is very flakey and constantly forgets your phone / pc ?
I think this has only happened once for me and it was around the time of a fairly major youtube tv upgrade. Since then it's been solid.
Snarky
scottishtv

So the TiVO update reached me in Edinburgh last night, and very good it seems too.

Quick menu loading, even transitions between menus, and the Netflix app is there! A bonus surprise for me as I wasn't expecting it and noticed it by accident - Virgin really need to communicate updates to their customers better! Anyway, it's working well for me and I'm so pleased I don't need to dick about with cables to get my speakers and vision all working with the laptop.

Pleased.... until a price rise letter inevitably pops through the door.
Pete

I seemed to have an update yesterday that added netflix and then an update today that's made the menus really fast.

Only issue is that it lacks the profiles from Netflix, not an issue for me but I think for many that'll be an annoyance as it has been added to the app on the Sony bluray players.

Netflix was a pain in the arse to sign in however once on the quality of the video is stunning. The TiVo's dedicated connection really comes into play here.
Philip

Haven't gotten the update here yet, which is slightly annoying considering I'm near the ex-Telewest Knowsley headend.
Pete

Have discovered you can turn off the godawful pin thing by going into parental settings, apps, and changing netflix to never.