Public Transport in your particular part of the region

james2001

C2C, Central Trains and Midland Mainline for example. Also "One" until they did rename it National Express East Anglia.

In fact I think that and the very short lived NX East Coast were the only train companies they ran under their own name.
stu

My local independent bus operator has put their weekly pass up a massive £12 overnight with no notice, warning or even telling the poor drivers who keep having to apologise to the miffed passengers!
Pete

I wonder whether the rebranding and sell off of Xplore Dundee (formerly NX Dundee, formerly Travel Dundee) was done with the stagecoach merger in mind. Or if it’s just coincidence.

Dundee being the only place where both brands operate although strictly speaking “strathtay” is really the Angus country bumpkin buses where two of them happen to belt through Dundee providing a fast link between the city centre and the hospital. That said their depot was in Dundee and they run the bus station so who knows.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
scottishtv

Pete wrote: Wed 29 Sep, 2021 09.19 I wonder whether the rebranding and sell off of Xplore Dundee (formerly NX Dundee, formerly Travel Dundee) was done with the stagecoach merger in mind. Or if it’s just coincidence.
It does look a bit like it was part of a plan. Quite funny for local management to suddenly be working for 'the other side' if this all goes through. That said, it does also look like competition in the local bus market has been settled (read: "agreed") for some time in a lot of the country.
JAS84

Yeah, here in Hull, for the most part, Stagecoach does the inner city routes, and East Yorkshire does the journeys that go to other towns. That status quo has been the case for a long time. There used to be other independents about 20 years ago, including one that cheekily used the old blue and white KHCT livery (KHCT being Stagecoach Hull's name before Stagecoach bought it), but they were run out of the market within a year or two by the two established firms.
Please Respond