The TSB & Lloyds Bank relaunch news and information board

WillPS

It appears the majority of C&G branches were run down for some time while their future was uncertain; I reckon they'll be refurb priorities when the future of the TSB network becomes certain.
stu

A TSB billboard with "Hello Warley" on it has gone up in my old stamping ground of Blackheath - Warley was discontinued in the early 70's as a borough name/area, so god knows where they got it from.

My Lloyds had a big jar of discs, or pogs to help yourself to, with the new logo on it
Alexia

stu wrote:A TSB billboard with "Hello Warley" on it has gone up in my old stamping ground of Blackheath - Warley was discontinued in the early 70's as a borough name/area, so god knows where they got it from.
A feeble attempt at juxtaposing their "new" name with the "old" name for the place? Or is it like Gwent...something which doesn't technically exist any more but is still used by those who live there in a colloquial fashion?
JAS84

At least ours correctly said Hull and not the defunct county Humberside.
Ant

Brand New has an article on the rebrands http://www.underconsideration.com/brand ... kWdWhYZ09U
thegeek

thegeek wrote:Perhaps not the most sympathetic of sign swaps at a C&G branch in the City:

I think they probably need some Ronseal on that.
It seems they went for some white paint instead. The clock's had some decals applied to cover the C&G logos on it.
WillPS

JAS84 wrote:At least ours correctly said Hull and not the defunct county Humberside.
There's no precedent for them referring to the county in cities though. Nottingham is referred to as Nottingham, not Nottinghamshire. Sheffield is referred to as Sheffield, not South Yorkshire.

In any case, the term Humberside is still very much in active use (Police and Fire to name a couple).
Three Lefts Do

Seemingly, for non-town/city centre branches the notion of a firm “relaunch date” is somewhat non-existent.

In Cowley (southeast Oxford), the Cheltenham & Gloucester had the temporary “C&G” signage (with the obviously-“TSB”-ready layout) in the weeks prior to 9th Sept, but didn’t make the final name change until at least a few days late.

The LTSB directly opposite it, no changes whatsoever (temporary or otherwise) have occurred to the long-standing LTSB exterior signage and ATM surrounds at all in recent weeks, and remain unchanged even five/six days after the supposed 23rd Sept relaunch. Only the in-branch window posters (“Introducing Lloyds Bank” etc) appeared on launch day, and remain the only indication of what the branch is to become. Shambolic.
Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?
Three Lefts Do

<Duplicate post, oops>
Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?
Critique

After launch day I thought that was the end of the end of the 'Introducing Lloyds Bank' posters? I only saw them when the branches were still LTSB and since the conversions to Lloyds I've only seen proper ones for banking products and stuff.
WillPS

Three Lefts Do wrote:Seemingly, for non-town/city centre branches the notion of a firm “relaunch date” is somewhat non-existent.

In Cowley (southeast Oxford), the Cheltenham & Gloucester had the temporary “C&G” signage (with the obviously-“TSB”-ready layout) in the weeks prior to 9th Sept, but didn’t make the final name change until at least a few days late.

The LTSB directly opposite it, no changes whatsoever (temporary or otherwise) have occurred to the long-standing LTSB exterior signage and ATM surrounds at all in recent weeks, and remain unchanged even five/six days after the supposed 23rd Sept relaunch. Only the in-branch window posters (“Introducing Lloyds Bank” etc) appeared on launch day, and remain the only indication of what the branch is to become. Shambolic.
Not really. There's probably simply an issue regarding planning consent for new signage (perhaps it's a listed building).