The TSB & Lloyds Bank relaunch news and information board

Nick Harvey
God

I think you'll find that all the TSBs that are old C&Gs currently have planning applications in for cash machines. That's certainly the case around here.

In Devizes, after much huffing and puffing, they finally got planning permission for the rebrand to TSB, but have left one old C&G sign on the wall, in the position where they're applying to knock a hole for the cash machine to be fitted.
Critique

Pete wrote:It's a bit of a shame that many of the TSBs had just been done out in the new LTSB style in the last few years meaning that they have green walls and green carpet highlights although those refits did haul many really tatty old branches up to a decent standard.
Having drove past a Lloyds TSB that must have recently been refitted and is now a TSB, I certainly see what you mean. The green lit-up poster display borders appear to have been covered with some white material, and it did look decidedly LLoyds TSB. It does, however, have a cashpoint.
wells

Think you mean cash machine.
Critique

Has someone forgot to change the clooks?
Nick Harvey
God

nodnirG kraM wrote:Was it more than a like-for-like replacement of signage that needed the planning consent?
It's a grade ninety-something listed building. Was the town hall many centuries ago.
JAS84

wells wrote:Think you mean cash machine.
Yeah, Cashpoint is specific to Lloyds. The generic term is either Cash Machine or ATM.
Critique wrote:Has someone forgot to change the clooks?
Turn DST off here: http://www.metropol247.co.uk/forum/ucp.php?i=165
Pete

JAS84 wrote:
Yeah, Cashpoint is specific to Lloyds. The generic term is either Cash Machine or ATM.
Critique wrote:Has someone forgot to change the clooks?
Turn DST off here: http://www.metropol247.co.uk/forum/ucp.php?i=165
No I've fixed it, it was the board time he was referring to.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Critique

JAS84 wrote:
Yeah, Cashpoint is specific to Lloyds. The generic term is either Cash Machine or ATM
I'm not entirely sure why I refer to cash machines as 'cashpoints', as I've never been an LTSB customer - I should be referring to a cash machine as a 'Hole in the wall'...
Pete

Critique wrote:
JAS84 wrote:
Yeah, Cashpoint is specific to Lloyds. The generic term is either Cash Machine or ATM
I'm not entirely sure why I refer to cash machines as 'cashpoints', as I've never been an LTSB customer - I should be referring to a cash machine as a 'Hole in the wall'...
no that's Barclays
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Critique

Pete wrote:
Critique wrote:
no that's Barclays
Yes I know, I was talking more personally in suggesting that as I'm a Barclays customer I should be calling it a hole in the wall and not a cashpoint, but as it originally came from me saying a TSB had a cashpoint, when it should have been cash machine, I've confused everything anyway - many apologies.
Finn

Pete wrote:
Critique wrote:I'm not entirely sure why I refer to cash machines as 'cashpoints', as I've never been an LTSB customer - I should be referring to a cash machine as a 'Hole in the wall'...
no that's Barclays
Also it was a crap name that they somehow trademarked and, fortunately, have now moved on from.