The TSB & Lloyds Bank relaunch news and information board

barcode

simonipswich wrote:Went into Ipswich on Thursday, the Lloyds Bank on Cornhill (the north one) has been refurbished with open counters (and fewer of them) but still had the old Lloyds TSB box over the new lettering! Strangly enough, I expected the Cornhill South branch to be rebranded as TSB (it originally was before the merger) but no... it to is a Lloyds TSB (old signage) with posters in the window welcoming you to Lloyds Bank!

The new Ipswich TSB is in the old C&G building which as been branded a TSB. How nuts is that?! So Ipswich town centre will still have TWO Lloyds Banks opposite each other. :?:
Alas the deal was to use the C&G building for the new TSB, I dare say somewhere in the paper it could not change, even if it made since.
Martin Phillp

Lloyds Bank in East Dulwich still has it's permanent Lloyds TSB signs complete with London 2012 logo.
TVF's London Lite.
wells

barcode wrote: Alas the deal was to use the C&G building for the new TSB, I dare say somewhere in the paper it could not change, even if it made since.
You post doesn't made since.

What the branches were before has little relevance, it's the creation of a new bank. As stated C&G and select Lloyds TSB (probably in areas where their aren't enough C&Gs to offload and at least two Lloyds) branches were to be sold off.
JAS84

Yeah, Hull city centre had three Lloyds TSBs and a C&G. The largest Lloyds TSB remained a Lloyds but was originally a TSB. One of the smaller LTSBs and the C&G became TSB instead.
WillPS

wells wrote:
barcode wrote: Alas the deal was to use the C&G building for the new TSB, I dare say somewhere in the paper it could not change, even if it made since.
You post doesn't made since.

What the branches were before has little relevance, it's the creation of a new bank. As stated C&G and select Lloyds TSB (probably in areas where their aren't enough C&Gs to offload and at least two Lloyds) branches were to be sold off.
It sort of does. On an operational level, it allowed them to train all C&G staff with TSB training and procedures.

Also - C&G locations were generally quiet and had no day-to-day banking products/accounts. Many of the now TSB branches in England seem to be ones I would not expect to have a large base of accounts - for example, Meadowhall.
cwathen

Any branch closures coming as part of this? I noticed today that the second Torquay branch in Torre (the only remaining bank in the area - and only free cash machine too) still has the original LTSB signs up, no temporaries are fitted, nor has the doorplate, cash machine surrounds or anything external at all been changed nor did I see any Lloyds Bank posters in the windows either.

Unless they only went to the trouble of pushing the rebrand in the town/city centre branches, it looks awfully like it's about to be closed to me.
wells

I imagine they're not so bothered in really small towns and villages. I went past the Lloyds TSB in Alcester a few weeks prior to the rebrand and it seemed the TSB part of lettering has simply been removed from the building, that or it had fallen off but the word Lloyds remained intact.

Just imagine this without the letters T, S and B.
http://goo.gl/maps/zm85t
WillPS

I suspect that the buildings in question are either listed or subject to planning restrictions, meaning the new signage cannot yet be erected, or it is not considered economic to do so.

I imagine what wells has witnessed might be a solution in these branches, at least in the short term.
WillPS

nodnirG kraM wrote:
wells wrote:I imagine they're not so bothered in really small towns and villages.
Aye. Henfield branch still had all its temporary hoarding up when I drove past this morning.
There are plenty of branches which still have the temporary signage up, it's a bit weird really - all the branches in Sheffield city centre had the temporary signs removed really quickly, but 2 miles out of the city, Manor Top still have them all in place. Same story in Nottingham/Hyson Green.

You'd have thought they'd have got the same bloke to do all of them in one area.
wells

You might find this interesting. http://dancox.co.uk/#/tsb-bank/

Bizarrely the site uses an image of the Bromsgrove TSB branch to demonstrate the new branding, it closed after the merger and is now a posh hair dresser you can have a mooch around on Street View.

http://goo.gl/maps/0jyp4
WillPS

The logo on those renders is also different to the one they now use. They seem to have developed the brand quite significantly since then - I guess maybe as a result of the Co-op deal falling through.