The TSB & Lloyds Bank relaunch news and information board

Critique

I walked past a Lloyds TSB branch set to become a Lloyds earlier this evening, which was still clad in it's temporary livery, and it looked like they had some people in taking the temporary signs off preparing it for it's change to Lloyds tomorrow, I assume. They'd taken one temporary sign down to reveal the green board underneath, without any lettering, and were sawing something or other. They'd also changed the car park signs from the white LTSB ones to new green ones, which despite looking like Lloyds ones, mentioned that 'Lloyds TSB were not responsible for damage or theft' in the car park.
cwathen

Critique wrote:I walked past a Lloyds TSB branch set to become a Lloyds earlier this evening, which was still clad in it's temporary livery, and it looked like they had some people in taking the temporary signs off preparing it for it's change to Lloyds tomorrow, I assume. They'd taken one temporary sign down to reveal the green board underneath, without any lettering, and were sawing something or other. They'd also changed the car park signs from the white LTSB ones to new green ones, which despite looking like Lloyds ones, mentioned that 'Lloyds TSB were not responsible for damage or theft' in the car park.
So the finished signs aren't even in place under the temporary boxes? When these were fitted I imagined that the point of them was that the new branding was installed and ready to go underneath and that changing to it in many/most cases would be a simple matter of the branch staff taking down the temporary signs in conjunction with a stepladder and a risk assessment, and with the branches where this is not possible people would attend last sunday to remove the temporaries ready for Monday morning.

If the new branding isn't even in place until people attend to fit it, it seems to make the temporary signs even more pointless.
Whataday

All the in branch TVs were switched off today at Lloyds Cardiff.
Beep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJzJCd_pwy8

I really like that video...
thegeek

wells wrote:I think below was the first trial Lloyds [Bank] TSB I saw on Edgware Road and later I saw one at Westfield Merry Hill. If anyone can post a picture that shows how one these trial branches has adapted to the finished Lloyds Bank look, I'd be interested. Other than the font and the Cashpoints the one below seems more or less in line with the new look.
http://goo.gl/maps/RsBZD
The Westfield Stratford City branch's sign remains the same (pictured upthread) - though there's a sign in the window welcoming customers to the new Lloyd's Bank. I doubt anyone has noticed the differences in the Y.
thegeek

Just a thought...
I know the Verde plan was always to launch TSB, then possibly sell it to the Co-op. I wonder how much of the current rebrand would have gone ahead, only to be merged into the Co-op brand a little further down the line? Are we seeing what was only ever designed as a temporary logo?
JAS84

Maybe that's why Lloyds changed their typeface. TSB's is the same font.
Critique

The Lloyds TSB branch I mentioned earlier in the thread that I saw having a temporary sign taken off at seems to still kept the temporary signs as I passed it again today - I would assume that they affixed the lettering last night and will take the temporary signs off to reveal it soon?
WillPS

thegeek wrote:Just a thought...
I know the Verde plan was always to launch TSB, then possibly sell it to the Co-op. I wonder how much of the current rebrand would have gone ahead, only to be merged into the Co-op brand a little further down the line? Are we seeing what was only ever designed as a temporary logo?
I had wondered this myself; I don't really know. I'd imagine it wouldn't have been quite so high profile as it has been.
simonipswich

Went into Ipswich on Thursday, the Lloyds Bank on Cornhill (the north one) has been refurbished with open counters (and fewer of them) but still had the old Lloyds TSB box over the new lettering! Strangly enough, I expected the Cornhill South branch to be rebranded as TSB (it originally was before the merger) but no... it to is a Lloyds TSB (old signage) with posters in the window welcoming you to Lloyds Bank!

The new Ipswich TSB is in the old C&G building which as been branded a TSB. How nuts is that?! So Ipswich town centre will still have TWO Lloyds Banks opposite each other. :?:
madmusician

simonipswich wrote:Went into Ipswich on Thursday, the Lloyds Bank on Cornhill (the north one) has been refurbished with open counters (and fewer of them) but still had the old Lloyds TSB box over the new lettering! Strangly enough, I expected the Cornhill South branch to be rebranded as TSB (it originally was before the merger) but no... it to is a Lloyds TSB (old signage) with posters in the window welcoming you to Lloyds Bank!

The new Ipswich TSB is in the old C&G building which as been branded a TSB. How nuts is that?! So Ipswich town centre will still have TWO Lloyds Banks opposite each other. :?:
Yep, seems that C&Gs have become TSB along with select other branches, but not necessarily those that were TSB pre-merger. Having said that, the Felixstowe Road Lloyds TSB has reverted to TSB as it was back in the 90s.

Lloyds obviously see the two town centre branches as being an advantage - as this is the ideal time for them to lose one of them... The North refurb took place during the middle of August, ahead of the de-merger (although, having said that, it's the same layout that Lloyds TSB refitted branches have had for a few years, so it was probably overdue).