The TSB & Lloyds Bank relaunch news and information board

DVB Cornwall

Most of the online banking services of the Lloyds Banking Group are down this morning. Not a good start.
Whataday

Chris J wrote:The two Lloyds TSB branches in Cardiff Queen Street have had their Lloyds Bank signs revealed, suggesting it's happening today at least in part. Still the old Lloyds TSB logo on the website though.
They've both had extensive refurbs within the last two years, I wonder if it's been unveiled as they're already good to go.

Lloyds TSB website is back up but not running (ie no online banking). Makes you question their judgement of relaunching on a Monday, the busiest banking day of the week.
Chris J

Only noticed when the new signs were unveiled this morning that the new LLOYDS BANK logo is different to the one that has been used for the past few years.

These are the logos that have been used on Lloyds Bank Commercial and Lloyds Bank International, using the same font as the Lloyds Banking Group logo:

Image Image

While the new logo popping up on branches and literature is actually more rounded, with a slightly awkward 'smiling' A:

What's the bet that the recently revamped branches like the one below, which feature the uppercase LLOYDS TSB logo and were presumably set up ready for 'TSB' to be simply swapped with 'BANK', will end up inconsistent from the off:

wells

Chris J wrote: What's the bet that the recently revamped branches like the one below, which feature the uppercase LLOYDS TSB logo and were presumably set up ready for 'TSB' to be simply swapped with 'BANK', will end up inconsistent from the off:
It is a wonder no one noticed that before. I guess if they're going to replace the lettering for TSB on those logos they might as well replace all the lettering. The Lloyds font will be inconsistent with Bank of Scotland now though, unless they change that as well.
wells

Whataday wrote:
Chris J wrote:The two Lloyds TSB branches in Cardiff Queen Street have had their Lloyds Bank signs revealed, suggesting it's happening today at least in part. Still the old Lloyds TSB logo on the website though.
They've both had extensive refurbs within the last two years, I wonder if it's been unveiled as they're already good to go.
Most branches have had refurbs within in the last two years, round here at least. Not really sure why that would come into it really.
Whataday

Well I'm standing in a very long queue at Lloyds on Cardiff Queen St and there is no change inside with all Lloyds TSB branding still in use.

The only notable change is the staff appear to be wearing new uniform and name badges.
Whataday

Gotta love a balloon arch. Former C&G Cardiff:

Whataday

Cardiff:
WillPS

nodnirG kraM wrote: And particularly love the 800x600 safe website for a brand launching in 2013:
I think it's the previous Lloyds TSB website with some slight tweaks, isn't it?
barcode

Who got cake at there branch? To be fair it was not my local branch but the Edinburgh city center one

Critique

Why have some Lloyds branches made the change and others not? The nearest branch to me remains a TSB.