Crisps

Sput

rdobbie wrote:Funny, I was just thinking about potato triangles the other day, and how utterly gorgeous they were. It was that coating of tiny salt crystals that did the trick. Every supermarket sold them under its own brand, but I reckon there was just the one manufacturer as they all tasted the same.

Alas, I've hunted everywhere and they simply don't exist any more. It's strange, as I thought they were such a popular and timeless classic. Nothing else in the crisp aisle comes close for me, although I recommend Delser salted Italian crackers (only available in Morrisons) for a similar taste sensation.
There's salty goodness, but there's just not the same :'(
Knight knight
Finn

Anyone else remember Golden Wonder 'Sausage and Tomato' flavour. Loved those when I was at school.
JAS84

Finn

Oooh. And they're veggie.

Thanks for that. I so rarely see Golden wonder crisps around these days, I didn't realise they still had varieties...
JAS84

Yeah, I only ever seem to be able to find them in Home Bargains. And they don't have the full range - they never have Salt and Vinegar for example.
Pete

Speaking of which - why is it so difficult to find Salt & Vinegar Pom Bears these days? They seem to only have the ready salted and ketchup flavours wherever I look :(
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Lorns

Neil, my local post office sellgolden wonder sausage and tomatoe. I love them also get Tangy Toms there.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?