Crisps

Sput

Metro Hivemind, share your wisdom:

I remember eating a great deal of ready salted flavour crisps that were about the size and shape of guitar plectrums as a child. Does anyone know what they're called and whether they still exist? They were fab.

They were definitely crisps and not plectrums.
Knight knight
Pete

Frisps?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
andyeccy

Lurker enters...

I though they were called Potato Deltas - but googling that brings these up by Tesco... http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-pr ... _200g.html

Ta-ra.
Jake

andyeccy wrote:Lurker enters...

I though they were called Potato Deltas - but googling that brings these up by Tesco... http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-pr ... _200g.html

Ta-ra.
Those potato triangles were my first thought, you used to find them amongst the party snacks.

TG

Think they WERE called Deltas, at least at M&S.
Sput

These are the crisps! Thankyou, metro foodies.
Knight knight
barcode

Can you still buy Deltas

Can anyone remember Fish and Chip ( red) and Chicken and Chips ( orange)
rdobbie

Funny, I was just thinking about potato triangles the other day, and how utterly gorgeous they were. It was that coating of tiny salt crystals that did the trick. Every supermarket sold them under its own brand, but I reckon there was just the one manufacturer as they all tasted the same.

Alas, I've hunted everywhere and they simply don't exist any more. It's strange, as I thought they were such a popular and timeless classic. Nothing else in the crisp aisle comes close for me, although I recommend Delser salted Italian crackers (only available in Morrisons) for a similar taste sensation.
WillPS

I still miss cheesey Snaps. The tomato ones are also good and have made a bit of a comeback recently (with Smiths branding).
I always wondered why they needed to clarify that it would be 'savoury cheese'; is there another sort of cheese!?
Alexia

Special mentions for Roast Beef Monster Munch, BBQ Hula Hoops, Cheese+Onion Squares or Ham and Mustard Brannigans.

I do like a nice kettle chip 'n all.
Whataday

WillPS wrote:I still miss cheesey Snaps. The tomato ones are also good and have made a bit of a comeback recently (with Smiths branding).
I always wondered why they needed to clarify that it would be 'savoury cheese'; is there another sort of cheese!?
I think Savoury Cheese is a type of sandwich filling isn't it?