Munchies

Dr Lobster*

The wife is on a night shift and I've got the munchies. In the old days before I we had children, I'd either drive to tesco or to the takeaway to get something quick. That's out of the question so what quick and tasty snacks can you knock yourself up when you can't just go out and buy something?

Using my limited culinary expertise I have heated up two birdseye waffles in the toaster and sprinkled a little bit of cheese on them. Not too bad.

What do you do?
Nick Harvey
God

Beans on cheese on toast.

But, please do not take that comment to mean that I in any way know the location of that kitchen place, as I shall deny it if questioned further.
Alexia

Coco Pops.
wells

A lump of margarine.
Sput

I binge on non-brand cream crackers, chilli cheese and/or pancakes.

I'm also unaccountably within my recommended BMI
Knight knight
Nick Harvey
God

Sput wrote:I'm also unaccountably within my recommended BMI
Yes, but you are eleven foot three tall!
scottishtv

Dr Lobster* wrote:I have heated up two birdseye waffles in the toaster
Wow - ages since I've had those. The ad still springs into my head instantly though: Bird's Eye Potato Waffles, they're waffly versatile.

When you say toaster do you mean like a normal toaster for bread (or some sort of toastie maker, waffle thing). Never considered just jamming them in a toaster but I guess it worked for you?

This could be a new quick snack for me, without all the grilling faff. I tend to turn to a trusty sandwich or scrambled eggs on toast when in need of a munch. Or a quick batch of scotch pancakes - dead quick to make, serve with butter and jam. Hmmm.
WillPS

Asda's potato waffles used to come with Toaster instructions; I don't cook mine any other way now. You normally need to move the timer knob to the limit, and 'send them down' twice.

I find having a wrap with just a single slice of cheese in the microwave is quite nice. Also, omelettes.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Asparagus Cup a Soup. With croutons.
Lorns

I normally rustle up a spring onion and cheese omelette, or a cheese and ham toastie when I have the munchies.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Whataday

Did anyone else think this thread was about these: