Scottish independence

Gavin Scott
Admin

A more detailed poll analysis from YouGov.

The male/female split is about what I imagined. Not sure why I'm so surprised by the Lib Dem figures. I guess at the end of the day there's nothing truly radical about them. I do think independence would be the making of Scottish Labour.

Well Barcode - this rather undoes your assertions about Alex and Nicola. Only 2% between them and a country mile ahead of the unionists.

A not unexpected rally for Her Majesty

scottishtv

Genuinely surprised to see 18% of SNP supporters don't want independence. Who are these people?!
Gavin Scott
Admin

I've just lost a good half hour of my life reading through the comments of a Better Together facebook post.

I'm not suggesting every no voter is like this but I would defy you to find more rampant visceral spleen-bursting hate comments from the yes camp. (Although by all means post a link).

https://www.facebook.com/bettertogether ... 3761073601

A sample post - from a lady in Edinburgh with a champagne bottle in her cover photo.
Salmond's arrogance has no limits. And the lies he is saying are simply appalling!!!

No wonder that the Yes camp appears to believe that Scotland is axis mundi and everyone else should bow to Scotland's wishes and desires. Why everyone on yes side believes that 5 millions are entitled to have a referendum on breaking up the UK but 56 million taxpayers to their Central Bank have no right to a referendum on whether their taxes should be increased to bail out a foreign country?

It is utterly preposterous to suggest that only the opinion of 'people in Scotland matters' and the people in rUK don't matter. Disgusting man
Salmond is to blame for the concept of self-determination. Although he states clearly that independence is not a panacea for all Scotlands ills, he is just a liar. We haven't even opened shop yet and we're being bailed out (by the English taxpayer mind you, and not the US Federal Reserve like last time).

Yes, he's "disgusting" for thinking that the voters of Scotland are the ones who matter in a Scottish Referendum.

Jawdropping.
barcode

http://www.conservativehome.com/platfor ... to-go.html

That alone is wanting me to vote yes...
scottishtv

Published Tues 9th Aug, undertaken 27th Aug - 4th Sept:
TNS BMRB - Yes 38%, No 39%, Don't know 23%. Sample 990.
Excluding Don't knows - Yes 49%, No 51%.
Amongst those certain to vote - Yes 41%, No 41%, Don't know 18%. Sample 846.
More info.

Again, the fieldwork period should be noted on this one. It's this pollster's monthly Scottish Opinion Monitor conducted face-to-face.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Blimey its tight - but a massive swing.

Charlie Wells

I couldn't help noticing Monday's papers (in England at least) had suggestions that the monarchy might be under threat if Scotland voted yes. Then by remarkable coincidence mid-morning it's announced that Kate Middleton is pregnant again. If I was being cynical I'd suggest someone within government / the Better Together campaign may have known about imminent announcement from Kensington Palace in advance.
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
robschneider

I have to say, the timing is almost too convenient! It's like Lizzie told her grandson to "give one one" after reading the poll...
Alexia

Yes, that's exactly what happened.....
Gavin Scott
Admin

It was pointed out that it would happen a day before it did here

http://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2014/09/07/only-11-days/

Although I'm sure they were being tongue in cheek - honestly, this thing writes itself.
MatthewFirth

Kate Middleton thing has failed, as not many people has paid attention to that news because of the referendum hype.