Cloudfare CDN

Pete

So, our wonderful *rollseyes* hosting company Dreamhost have decided to partner with a company called Cloudfare.

To cut a dull story short, it means things like the images on metro should now be cached and served via a CDN in europe rather than being hauled all the way from LA.

In theory this should make Metro a bit snappier, which is nice.

If anyone has any problems, notes a definate increase in speed or generally wants to pay me compliments then do so in this thread.

Ta.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Jamesypoo

Oh so that's what it does. My email from DreamHost goes in the trash by default.
cdd

I wish to make a complaint:

This website is now too fast.
Nick Harvey
God

I'm now getting this on and off when trying to navigate between pages. A 'Back' then a re-try of the navigation normally sorts it out.

Nick Harvey
God

And now this one, trying to log in.

Ebeneezer Scrooge

I got that yesterday evening too. Was about to report it on tvforum and it all started working again. Not had a problem since.
Snarky
Pete

I think this has been caused by the massive DDOS attack on the hosts today. Apparently there was also some big network maintainance.

It's basically the equivalent of getting a timeout error previously. Which did seem to happen quite often during the previous two months.

*glares at dreamhost*
Nick Harvey
God

Here's the latest one that keeps coming up. The retry button usually gets you the page you were asking for.

Pete

I might just ditch it. It doesn't seem to be actually speeding things up that much and just seems to like giving error messages.

Bah.