High Street chain collapse sweepstake

Martin Phillp

TVF's London Lite.
barcode

I would have ran into one of it shops but the as i've said the stock is just crap. There dont have any decent jeans left expect for one rack full of leftovers etc, the tops have design even neds/chavs etc don't even like.
TopCat
Banned for one week

This is BHS in Hull, now residing in the old Co-operative building on Bond Street, the building itself remains 75% disused and is owned by a land banking developer who refuses to do any work to it.

bilky asko

I always hated that building when I walked past it. A bit of an eyesore, considering the considerable redevelopment nearby.
Solent James

BHS Southampton, now closed! I think Saturday was their last day, still loads of stock left inside.

Whataday

It's musical shops on Cardiff's Queen Street.

Arcadia has closed its Dororthy Perkins store and moved it to replace Miss Selfridge which already shared with Burton. Miss Selfridge has moved to an area in Top Shop. They've closed Evans and "relocated" it to a Tesco concession which isn't anywhere near the city centre. HMV is moving into Evans, relocating from its larger store.

If Arcadia ever went belly-up there would be gaping holes in every High Street in the land.
Finn

Whataday wrote:It's musical shops on Cardiff's Queen Street.

Arcadia has closed its Dororthy Perkins store and moved it to replace Miss Selfridge which already shared with Burton. Miss Selfridge has moved to an area in Top Shop. They've closed Evans and "relocated" it to a Tesco concession which isn't anywhere near the city centre. HMV is moving into Evans, relocating from its larger store.

If Arcadia ever went belly-up there would be gaping holes in every High Street in the land.
They're obviously doing some consolidation.

In Manchester City Centre, they've closed down the Miss Selfridge shop on Market St which had to be majorly refurbished (almost rebuilt) after the 2011 riots and moved it into the Arndale with the rest of Burton/DP and Evans (Top Shop / Topman remain a separate unit in the Arndale).
barcode

Im surprised Arcadia Group have not moved more Burtons Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Topman, Topshop and Wallis into BHS.
Andrew

barcode wrote:Im surprised Arcadia Group have not moved more Burtons Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Topman, Topshop and Wallis into BHS.
When the Topman/Topshop was closed for rebuilding in Leeds, they moved them into what was Burtons/DP moving those into BHS.

I once went to the Burtons concession inside BHS, The footfall was terrible as nobody half trendy is going to walk to the back of an upper floor of BHS. The one member of staff looked bored out of his head folding jumpers. They've since moved into a new unit in the new Trinity Leeds shopping centre.
JAS84

barcode wrote:Im surprised Arcadia Group have not moved more Burtons Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Topman, Topshop and Wallis into BHS.
They no longer own BHS.
Pete

Do any of the Arcadia concessions remain in BHS?
"He has to be larger than bacon"