High Street chain collapse sweepstake

WillPS

The unacceptable face of capitalism.
Martin Phillp

BHS are looking to borrow more money by using store stock as collateral.

http://news.sky.com/story/1585853/bhs-c ... cash-boost
TVF's London Lite.
JAS84

Their days are numbered. Why did they rebrand when they should have been focusing on staying solvent?
Finn

Is Blue Inc in trouble (again)?

I noticed their local store to me (Stretford, Manchester) has big signs in it saying 'Everything £20 or under'.
Finn

Not sure where to put this.

I notice that BHS in the Trafford Centre is closing down.

That's BHS, the clothing bit, not British Home Stores, the homeware bit across in the Barton Square extension.

And yes, they really are branded separately like that.
Finn

Neil DG wrote:Is Blue Inc in trouble (again)?

I noticed their local store to me (Stretford, Manchester) has big signs in it saying 'Everything £20 or under'.
Something slightly wrong about quoting yourself, but still...

Blue Inc in Stretford, Manchester has everything £10 or under now (although the newish concession in Debenhams in the city centre has everything at £15 or below - pricing to your perceived market, I guess).
barcode

I've not heard anything, but when isn't that company in trouble? The problem is some of the clothes are crap. I just getting the feeling a blind man is buying the stock, or it feels like the buying department from Are you being served.
Solent James

Long time lurker, first time poster here!

The BHS in Southampton is currently in the process of closing down, they've had a store in the city since 1939, no news yet on who will take on the pretty large site right in the city centre!

This comes not long after the Arcadia group closed their stores in West Quay leaving Southampton without Burtons / Dorothy Perkins / Evans.
JAS84

A quick Google of BHS closing down brought up this article from Southampton's local paper:
http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/1373896 ... ef=mr&lp=9

Oh and this is interesting... a list of 50 stores they were considering closing ten months ago - and neither Southampton nor Trafford Centre are in the list!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... tores.html
Solent James

Indeed, I doubt BHS have long left on the high street now
barcode

Neil DG wrote:
Neil DG wrote:Is Blue Inc in trouble (again)?

Something slightly wrong about quoting yourself, but still...

Blue Inc in Stretford, Manchester has everything £10 or under now (although the newish concession in Debenhams in the city centre has everything at £15 or below - pricing to your perceived market, I guess).

Going back to this shop, Blue inc/Offices Club has not cuts its prices again! EVERYTHING £5 or under....

Most of the stock seems crap, like tops or jackets no one would want to buy, Also there is very small selection of jeans. Its like there not getting in new stock.