The Unofficial Sainsbury's Thread

User avatar
WillPS
Posts: 1984
Joined: Tue 22 Apr, 2008 18.32
Location: Carlton
Contact:

Wed 30 Oct, 2019 09.09

Martin Phillp wrote:
Tue 29 Oct, 2019 22.20
My new plastic Nectar card has arrived.

Changes are that the front is just the nectar logo on a purple background. The Nectar number is now printed on the back, with the barcode, mag stripe and cardholder name. They've axed the QR code however.
I didn't realise they ever had QR codes.
Image
tch999
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri 07 Mar, 2008 23.02

Wed 30 Oct, 2019 17.18

The annual Sainsbury's/Nectar Double Up event has now launched:

https://help.sainsburys.co.uk/help/term ... Fdouble-up

It looks like they've changed up how you get hold of your vouchers this year. Instead of using the Customer Service desk (which has presumably been removed from most stores in the last 12 months), you now apply for the vouchers online and using the new Nectar app.

The other major rule they've introduced this year is a cap on the amount of vouchers you're able to redeem your points into - a maximum of £50 standard value Nectar points can be converted into £100 doubled value. This is a bit of a blow for serial Nectar point hoarders (such as myself). I'm guessing as they're using the app to convert the points, there'll be no way to circumnavigate this. I know they previously had a soft cap of one voucher per category, but I found that you could keep going back time and time again for more vouchers at the Customer Services operator's discretion.

Still... Something for 'nothing'. Can't complain too much!
Martin Phillp
Posts: 905
Joined: Wed 11 May, 2011 01.28

Thu 31 Oct, 2019 14.03

WillPS wrote:
Wed 30 Oct, 2019 09.09
Martin Phillp wrote:
Tue 29 Oct, 2019 22.20
My new plastic Nectar card has arrived.

Changes are that the front is just the nectar logo on a purple background. The Nectar number is now printed on the back, with the barcode, mag stripe and cardholder name. They've axed the QR code however.
I didn't realise they ever had QR codes.
I think I got my loyalty cards mixed up. Just found my old Nectar and it doesn't have it, so I think I got it confused with IKEA Family or the Tesco Clubcard which both have QR.
TVF's London Lite.
thegeek
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat 04 Jun, 2005 12.35

Fri 01 Nov, 2019 07.04

Martin Phillp wrote:
Thu 31 Oct, 2019 14.03
I think I got my loyalty cards mixed up. Just found my old Nectar and it doesn't have it, so I think I got it confused with IKEA Family or the Tesco Clubcard which both have QR.
The sample IKEA Family card on the website is still the white on orange version with Verdana text, but all the POS in store seems to be using blue on white with the new typeface - so I expect a new card design may be on the way.

(I'm still using my translucent orange card with the Futura text and no QR code)
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 7146
Joined: Fri 15 Aug, 2003 13.36
Location: Dundee

Sat 02 Nov, 2019 06.41

I don't think I've used my plastic one in years. I always forget it and print a new one at the kiosk.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
scottishtv
Posts: 598
Joined: Thu 01 Apr, 2004 15.36
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Sat 02 Nov, 2019 09.31

You can also scan the on-screen version in the IKEA app.
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 7146
Joined: Fri 15 Aug, 2003 13.36
Location: Dundee

Sat 02 Nov, 2019 11.54

scottishtv wrote:
Sat 02 Nov, 2019 09.31
You can also scan the on-screen version in the IKEA app.
A good tip thank you :)
"He has to be larger than bacon"
User avatar
WillPS
Posts: 1984
Joined: Tue 22 Apr, 2008 18.32
Location: Carlton
Contact:

Sat 02 Nov, 2019 12.02

tch999 wrote:
Wed 30 Oct, 2019 17.18
The annual Sainsbury's/Nectar Double Up event has now launched:

https://help.sainsburys.co.uk/help/term ... Fdouble-up

It looks like they've changed up how you get hold of your vouchers this year. Instead of using the Customer Service desk (which has presumably been removed from most stores in the last 12 months), you now apply for the vouchers online and using the new Nectar app.

The other major rule they've introduced this year is a cap on the amount of vouchers you're able to redeem your points into - a maximum of £50 standard value Nectar points can be converted into £100 doubled value. This is a bit of a blow for serial Nectar point hoarders (such as myself). I'm guessing as they're using the app to convert the points, there'll be no way to circumnavigate this. I know they previously had a soft cap of one voucher per category, but I found that you could keep going back time and time again for more vouchers at the Customer Services operator's discretion.

Still... Something for 'nothing'. Can't complain too much!
They had a similar thing going on last year but I think the overall limit was higher and you were still able to use the Customer Service desk (rather than the app).

Don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure I managed to order some paper vouchers online and then managed to use the desk in store too. Probably worth getting some paper vouchers ordered and seeing if the app will let you do order some as well.
Image
Jacket
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu 28 Jun, 2018 22.27

Sat 09 Nov, 2019 01.02

Top work from Sainsbury's here.

Image
User avatar
m-in-m
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat 05 Apr, 2008 22.26
Location: West Suffolk/Cambs

Sat 09 Nov, 2019 19.18

My local store had the same daft arrangement of a sign with plastic bags above. About a week later though they had been replaced with the new style bags.
tch999
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri 07 Mar, 2008 23.02

Wed 13 Nov, 2019 10.20

WillPS wrote:
Sat 02 Nov, 2019 12.02
tch999 wrote:
Wed 30 Oct, 2019 17.18
The annual Sainsbury's/Nectar Double Up event has now launched:

https://help.sainsburys.co.uk/help/term ... Fdouble-up

It looks like they've changed up how you get hold of your vouchers this year. Instead of using the Customer Service desk (which has presumably been removed from most stores in the last 12 months), you now apply for the vouchers online and using the new Nectar app.

The other major rule they've introduced this year is a cap on the amount of vouchers you're able to redeem your points into - a maximum of £50 standard value Nectar points can be converted into £100 doubled value. This is a bit of a blow for serial Nectar point hoarders (such as myself). I'm guessing as they're using the app to convert the points, there'll be no way to circumnavigate this. I know they previously had a soft cap of one voucher per category, but I found that you could keep going back time and time again for more vouchers at the Customer Services operator's discretion.

Still... Something for 'nothing'. Can't complain too much!
They had a similar thing going on last year but I think the overall limit was higher and you were still able to use the Customer Service desk (rather than the app).

Don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure I managed to order some paper vouchers online and then managed to use the desk in store too. Probably worth getting some paper vouchers ordered and seeing if the app will let you do order some as well.
I took your advice last week and my paper vouchers for Double Up arrived yesterday, just ahead of the launch today. However, I've just gone on to the Nectar app (with today being the first day you can exchange your points on there) and it appears they recognise I've already had paper vouchers and therefore won't let me exchange any more.

A shame they've capped it like this and closed the loophole from previous years, but can absolutely understand why. Guess I'll have to start spending my points throughout the year at normal value.
Post Reply