The Unofficial Sainsbury's Thread

scottishtv

My Nectar Prices - like Clubcard Prices, but you have to use the SmartShop scan as you go app. In-store only too. Hmmm.

Martin Phillp

scottishtv wrote: Wed 22 Sep, 2021 22.15 My Nectar Prices - like Clubcard Prices, but you have to use the SmartShop scan as you go app. In-store only too. Hmmm.
And what a major cock-up it was on day 1. It failed for most of today with Sainsbury's offering credits for the money they should have saved on their chosen products.

I wouldn't mind, but one of my products was 68p using My Nectar Prices, but is on-offer at 60p for all customers this week!
TVF's London Lite.
bilky asko

I used SmartShop for the first time at the Sainsbury's Local at York Station. Having a phone case with a flap made it extremely inconvenient to use the scanning app. Then having to scavenge a bag from a self-service checkout made it feel more like I was doing something illicit, and then bagging up my basket in the middle of the floor at the end topped it off.
Pete

bilky asko wrote: Wed 20 Oct, 2021 08.23 I used SmartShop for the first time at the Sainsbury's Local at York Station. Having a phone case with a flap made it extremely inconvenient to use the scanning app. Then having to scavenge a bag from a self-service checkout made it feel more like I was doing something illicit, and then bagging up my basket in the middle of the floor at the end topped it off.
yeah I've used it at Sainsburys and while if you're in a Local and buying three things and paying on apple pay its fine, but using it for a big shop is just a faf. Dedicated hardware guns are far better.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Whataday

Weekly shoppers saving £200 a year really doesn't sound much to me. A couple of quid a week. With Clubcard Prices it seems like you could save a lot more.
Martin Phillp

This week, they've only offered me six Nectar prices instead of ten. Same for the booster points products on the Nectar app.
TVF's London Lite.
WillPS

Martin Phillp wrote: Wed 20 Oct, 2021 16.37 This week, they've only offered me six Nectar prices instead of ten. Same for the booster points products on the Nectar app.
What a time to be alive!
Martin Phillp

Only six Nectar prices again for this week, but they've extended the time from 7 to 9 days to use them.
TVF's London Lite.
rdobbie

So just the 5 apps for me to keep swiping between to maximise my consumer discounts while wandering around Sainsbury's: Smart Shop, Nectar, Green Jinn, Shopmium and Checkout Smart.

Oh, and Sainsbury's have recently announced they're scrapping the Nectar Double Up event which usually takes place in November. So for the past year I've been chasing bonus points, mentally calculating them at the 100=£1 ratio. Sainsbury's could, and should, have announced much earlier that Double Up was to be discontinued.
WillPS

rdobbie wrote: Wed 27 Oct, 2021 06.40 So just the 5 apps for me to keep swiping between to maximise my consumer discounts while wandering around Sainsbury's: Smart Shop, Nectar, Green Jinn, Shopmium and Checkout Smart.

Oh, and Sainsbury's have recently announced they're scrapping the Nectar Double Up event which usually takes place in November. So for the past year I've been chasing bonus points, mentally calculating them at the 100=£1 ratio. Sainsbury's could, and should, have announced much earlier that Double Up was to be discontinued.
Yeah agreed. I wonder if the ability to convert Avios to Nectar undermines the viability of the offer, but if it did, that would have been something they'd known at the start of the year when the partnership began.
all new Phil

The Avios to Nectar conversion was surprisingly generous I thought. I had some Avios sat there doing nothing off a couple of flights a few years ago. Would have never used them otherwise but I got a good £80 of points out of them.