The Unofficial Sainsbury's Thread

Martin Phillp

Wed 13 Nov, 2019 18.00

Now I know Sainsbury's usually give a ton of Nectar points in the run up to Christmas, but I've never saved so much in such little time. I've gone from £80 to £100 in three weeks of having the Nectar app on my phone.

In addition, yesterday I paid for half my goods in cash and got a 400 points paper voucher. Then paid for the rest using my card and got another 400 points.

In other Nectar related news, Argos will now let you acquire points from online transactions for delivery or click or collect. You still can't collect points using the instore POS.
TVF's London Lite.
Jacket

Fri 15 Nov, 2019 10.10

Martin Phillp wrote:
Wed 13 Nov, 2019 18.00
Now I know Sainsbury's usually give a ton of Nectar points in the run up to Christmas, but I've never saved so much in such little time. I've gone from £80 to £100 in three weeks of having the Nectar app on my phone.
Yes, my balance has climbed pretty quickly the last few weeks too. I'm getting bonus points on things I'd have bought anyway - in some cases, heaps of points on very cheap items. I got 100 points, which I'd have to spend £100 to get in a normal transaction, on a 65p pack of chicken slices. And you still get the bonus points if the item is reduced, so last week I paid 10p and got 80 bonus points.

And almost every time I shop (which is usually at least once a day, cos there's a Local two minutes away) I get the "rub for bonus points" thing, and only once have I not "won" anything.

On the downside, the "double up" option hasn't appeared on my app, despite deleting and reinstalling. Looking on Twitter, I'm far from the only one.
Martin Phillp

Sat 16 Nov, 2019 16.24

Jacket wrote:
Fri 15 Nov, 2019 10.10
Martin Phillp wrote:
Wed 13 Nov, 2019 18.00
Yes, my balance has climbed pretty quickly the last few weeks too. I'm getting bonus points on things I'd have bought anyway - in some cases, heaps of points on very cheap items. I got 100 points, which I'd have to spend £100 to get in a normal transaction, on a 65p pack of chicken slices. And you still get the bonus points if the item is reduced, so last week I paid 10p and got 80 bonus points.

And almost every time I shop (which is usually at least once a day, cos there's a Local two minutes away) I get the "rub for bonus points" thing, and only once have I not "won" anything.

On the downside, the "double up" option hasn't appeared on my app, despite deleting and reinstalling. Looking on Twitter, I'm far from the only one.
I had the double up option on my phone, but have chosen to keep my points.

I've always won bonus points, between 5-15 points, yet as you mention 100 points for spending very little has been great. 100 points on own brand apple juice and 40 for milk today for example, plus another 250 paper voucher which they posted.
TVF's London Lite.