McDonalds 1955 Burger;

barcode

I have tried this "Vile" burger, I have yet to hear any good comments about the burger, and well I do not believe for one second that is is caramelized onions, more like Burnt to a crisp.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried it?
stu

I've had 2 since it launched - I have nothing but praise for it! It should be good for nearly 4 quid...
Dr Lobster*

I just cannot understand why people eat mcdonalds, dominoes, kfc etc, it really is junk of the first order, bland and ultimately unsatisfying. worsk of all, most of the "meals" or "buckets" look more like an autopsy than food.
woah

I find a lot of McDonalds food a bit rubbish (excluding the quarter pounder and their fries) - but KFC is very nice. It might be bad for me but the chicken and the seasoning is delicious so I have it as the occasional treat.
Nick Harvey
God

barcode wrote:I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried it?
I'm sure I must have done, back in 1955.
WillPS

The burgers they served in 1955 were pretty much the Hamburgers and Cheeseburgers they still serve today (albeit slightly bigger).

'The 1955' looks to be pretty much the same as all their special burgers - they only ever really vary the sauce, extra toppings and bun. I had their summer chorizo burger a couple of months ago and you couldn't taste the chorizo at all.

I agree that McDonalds and BK are not satisfying but I do have a soft spot for KFC and Dominos - the latter is just stupidly expensive (even with the Half Price/BOGOFs they run constantly).
Nick Harvey wrote:
barcode wrote:I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried it?
I'm sure I must have done, back in 1955.
Oh, please tell me you visited McDonalds in the fifties :D!!
Nick Harvey
God

I honestly can't remember when McDonalds arrived in the UK, but whenever it was, I'm sure I was in there pretty soon after opening.

Wimpy burgers were the standard fare till McDonalds arrived and I remember early McD's being streets ahead of Wimpy's offerings.
barcode

Micky D ( who actually calls it that? ) arrived in Blighty on October 1, 1974 in Woolwich. It took over 13 years to head north and arrive in Scotland. Dundee has that privilege in November 23, 1987.

I get the feeling Preston is one of the other location to have McDonalds soon afterwards.
all new Phil

You might be confusing McDonalds with KFC for Preston - the first KFC in the UK was in Preston I believe. Still there too!
barcode

I did some digging and found this:
Restaurant manager Paul Preston later becomes chief executive officer of the UK division
I never know about the KFC at Preston, For good measure: 1977: BKC opens the first UK Burger King in Coventry Street, London.
Philip

barcode wrote:Micky D ( who actually calls it that?
Not Micky D's, Macky Dee's.