Favourite Kitchen Appliance

Gavin Scott
Admin

SO!

Slow cookers, yeh yeh yeh. They are good, but lets fact it, if you've still got some teeth then you might want to eat something that has a bit more bite.

I'm thinking about buying a George Foreman grill. Someone has brought one into the office, and lately there's been chicken, sausage (both tubular and square), bacon and burgers being done.

The chicken (which, of the above, is the only thing I'm likely to cook) is pretty impressive. 10 minutes to properly sear and cook a chook breast - well that's impressive.

So I like this one -

Any feedback on this? I like the idea of seeing all the fat running out of the thing - and although the clean up will be a little annoying, at least its a healthy hassle.

Or is there something (for around £35 + VAT) that you might recommend instead? I just fancy treating myself to a wee kitchen gadget. Don't know why.
dosxuk

Gavin Scott wrote:I like the idea of seeing all the fat running out of the thing - and although the clean up will be a little annoying, at least its a healthy hassle.
We have one with removable cooking plates, so you just dunk them in the sink and wash them like any other non-stick appliance. The drained fat just gets poured into an empty jar and then chucked in the bin when full.
Ronnie Rowlands

Ronnie is victorious, vivacious in victory like a venomous dog. Vile Republicans cease living while the religious retort with rueful rhetoric. These rank thugs resort to violence and swear revenge.

But Ronnie can punch through steel so they lose anyway.
Nick Harvey
God

I went into the kitchen once, many years ago.

Can't remember what was in there, though.
Sput

The wife?
Knight knight
Nick Harvey
God

Yes, that would be right.
Lorns

Don't diss the slow cooker they are the bestest for curries and stews and stuff. They are crap for chicken soups unless you keep it on the go constantly. Enough of my slow cooker kitchen obsession.

I have a Georgy lean mean grilling machine. They are Fab to start with, a bitch to keep clean though. They tend to go the same way as a sandwich toaster. The food tastes good but it gives off that horrid smell. You have to burn off that Mr. Muscle cleaner smell before you can cook on it. It also loses that teflon coating too.
I do still use my georgy at work occasionally, it's horrifying how much fat comes out of burgers and sausages.

I do like the look of the hotplate attachment for the eggs though.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Lorns

Nick Harvey wrote:I went into the kitchen once, many years ago.

Can't remember what was in there, though.
Is that the room you pass on your way to your wine cellar?
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
fusionlad