Google+

Pete

So, is anyone else still bothering?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
jsm

I have about 20 friends, and the last post on my stream is 25 days old. So no.

I hope it picks up in the future, but I don't think it will unless there's something enticing enough for people to switch.
Cache

I've decided that I hate it. Hate the lack of friend requests mostly, but the lack of people and interaction makes it worse. I'm bored of blocking 20 people a day who have added me to their circles.

With friend requests like Facebook, it would be 500 times better.
Pete

Yes what is with people with similar names to existing adding me, e.g. "Matthew Martini", er who the flump are you? Piss off.
Pete

m-in-m

Pete wrote:Image
Indeed - I've now removed my Google+ account. In part because I used my work related GMail account but also because nothing happens so I see no point in remaining.
Ebeneezer Scrooge

While I still have an account, I stopped using it when the android app crept to an obese 12mb, taking up valuable.desire storage space. It's not even like the app did anything particularly clever either. It just sat there taking up space!
Although I thought plus could have been a good link between Google's services, they've been far to slow in developing it. It makes it feel like a side project a google employee has developed on his personal time.
Snarky
WillPS

I'm so disappointed at Google's lack of follow through on this one. Add a massive bloody advert to Google searches or something.

Probably too late now. Very disappointed.
Finn

WillPS wrote:I'm so disappointed at Google's lack of follow through on this one. Add a massive bloody advert to Google searches or something.

Probably too late now. Very disappointed.
They had enormous goodwill and growth of users initially, but seem to have dropped the ball on such things as:
  • actually being able to search for users or posts (from the search giant?!)
  • better integration of other Google products (for example, link Reader with the inadequate 'sparks' thing)
  • corporate pages
Cache

The day that David Cameron made an account was the day I left. Interestingly, Facebook have stolen(?) some of the circles idea in their new 'Subscribe' feature.
JK08

I've just got G+... and only one friend. I'm sure it'll pick up sooner or later. How do you edit your security settings?