Google+

rts

I've got a few invites. Inbox me your email if you want one.
Critique

Could anyone shoot an invite my way? tvpres.uk (a) gmail.com
Inspector Sands

Pete wrote:also, gmail has a new google+ style design, if you pop into settings and choose "preview" or "preview (dense)" you'll see it. Rather nice imo
Hmmmm, not keen. What is it with every site adding white space to everything? Even the dense one is too loose for my small netbook screen. Google+ I have to zoom out from because it couldn't fit in the bottom of the 'circles'
Inspector Sands

Neil DG wrote:It's way too quiet in Google+ for me to want to be bothered with it at the moment.

*sad early adopter*
That's the problem, whereas almost everyone I know is on Facebook, so far there's very few on Google+ as yet.

I'm not convinced about it really, is it really that much of an improvement over Facebook? It is essentially Facebook circa 2006 - very basic and not much going on. Also the Sparks thing is a nice idea but the range of topics is very limited and the search function doesn't appear to come up with much of use either
Finn

Critique wrote:Could anyone shoot an invite my way? tvpres.uk (a) gmail.com
Done.
Ant

I like Google+, but it'll just go the same way as Wave did if no-one actually uses it.
Beep

I'd like to thank rts for inviting me along, it is a nice site. Sadly I think Google made a mistake by making it limited field only. How can a social network take off if only 3% of the population can get on it?
Sput

Yes. Good thing facebook didn't start out by limiting its userbase to a select group!
Knight knight
martindtanderson

Beep wrote:I'd like to thank rts for inviting me along, it is a nice site. Sadly I think Google made a mistake by making it limited field only. How can a social network take off if only 3% of the population can get on it?
They describe it as a version 0.1 so it is still in testing. This is why its invite only at this stage. And has about 10 million testers right now.
Sput wrote:Yes. Good thing facebook didn't start out by limiting its userbase to a select group!
I hope you were being ironic there sput, because as we all know Facebook started as "The Facebook" and was for Harvard University students only in the beginning, to anyone who didn't know, or haven't seen The Social Network. (not all of the film was fictional after all)
Alexia

Sput wrote:Yes. Good thing facebook didn't start out by limiting its userbase to a select group!
This.
Martin wrote:I hope you were being ironic there sput, because as we all know Facebook started as "The Facebook" and was for Harvard University students only in the beginning, to anyone who didn't know, or haven't seen The Social Network. (not all of the film was fictional after all)
When I joined Failbook, it was for university students only. You could only join with a university based email address, such as @oxon.ac.uk etc. Of course, this changed, and now any prole with a Hotmail account can log on to update their status about Jeremy Kyle seventeen times a day.
Sput

martindtanderson wrote:
I hope you were being ironic there sput, because as we all know Facebook started as "The Facebook" and was for Harvard University students only in the beginning, to anyone who didn't know, or haven't seen The Social Network. (not all of the film was fictional after all)
#1 is because it's sarcasm rather than irony
#2 because it's very obvious I was not being sincere
Knight knight