The Christmas and general Festiveness thread

Critique

So, people of Metropol, I implore you today to show us your pictures of those snazzy Christmas trees and decorations, or talk about how you or others are Bah-humbugs when it comes down to it all. Let us discuss all this general festiveness.

As always, my setup this year is a tree with a few baubles on it and some little chocolates, because I like them far too much. The tree is artificial and this and the advent calendar, Thorntons*, are the only festive things I'm putting up.

Also, any ideas when the Metropol Christmas decorationss come out, if at all?

*: I take the advent calendar as an excuse for chocolate.
Chie

I'm finding it really hard to muster a semblance of enthusiasm for Christmas this year. Bored of the same old songs, films, adverts, etc. Now it's just a case of waiting for the papers to run a story about that man who celebrates Christmas every day as they always do and the onslaught of predictable tedium is complete.
rob

No tree for me again this year, that's now 7 years in a row.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
WillPS

I'm really looking forward to spending some time with the family and a couple of weeks off work.
Gavin Scott
Admin

As some may know, my mum passed away a few weeks ago. Christmas has always been held at mum and dad's house, and we've decided to go ahead and put the tree up - if for no other reason than to make use of some lovely decorations she'd bought from QVC. She did love QVC.

The relatives who normally visit for a get together on Christmas night say their heart just isn't in it - which I fully understand - so they won't be coming round. But I think its probably the right thing to do for us as a family.

This will be my first Christmas in my new flat, and my "short term" lodger having moved out after the full 8 months I've been there, its an opportunity to make the place nice and do something special. But my heart isn't really in it either, so maybe next year I'll get a tree for my place.
WillPS

Sorry to hear of your loss :(
Col

From someone who didn't know, and who also lost their mother this year, I'm sorry to hear about your recent bereavement, Gav.

I'm heading back to NI on Wednesday (hopefully before the snow/ice return to hinder my journey) and I'm spending a bit more time with my Dad than usual - not only to help him and the rest of my family get things organised for Christmas, but more so to have, and to keep, the company of others.
Pete

I've still got to finish my decorations, the evil tooth of PAIN having put an end to my half finished extravagence and the flatmate being banned from attmepting to do anything as she'll do it not as well as me.*

However it shall soon be finished and there will be photos a plenty and a paypal link so you can pay me money in recognition of how bloody good they are.

As for here, it depends when I get the email from yet another ill person (and if BBC2 can use it for the third year running...)

*(FYI, the other half is also banned form putting up the tree in his own house due to the fact he can't do it was well as I can, think Monica rotating the tree in Friends and you get the idea)
"He has to be larger than bacon"
marksi

Gav, I understand how you're feeling. But I think you should get a little tree. Make it nice and shiny. x
Critique

Ah, I feel for you Gavin. I've lost quite a few family members this year, to varying forms of Cancer. Always tough, but you get through it eventually.

In terms of general festiveness, my local shops have got their ancient Christmas decorations out. These mainly consist of strange Shapes looped together dangling from the ceiling, a tree, and a long green light feature that looks like a rope and glints slightly as it lights up.
Beep

Gavin Scott wrote:As some may know, my mum passed away a few weeks ago.
Sorry to hear about that Gavin.