Welcome to All New Metropol

Pete

Cooooeeeeee,

Welcome, at long last, to Metropol 8 :)

Sorry it took so long, we've actually been planning and designing it all since June but wanted to do it properly for once so there weren't any horrid bits like the old PM system and its random floating blobs of black.

Having said that of course it's still not finished but you know what, I was so sick of that white theme we had to do something.

Naturally it would be irresponsible of me to launch the new theme and then piss off out for the night, but that's exactly what I'm going to do.

So enjoy, and post all the bugs you find (except for "it looks rubbish in IE7" which I know) in here for my grand return.

Usual team to thank of course, Lee, Jamesypoo, Bail, Sput, myself and Dimblebot.

trah
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Philip

Brilliant design, as usual. Metro members in the background, and real time clocks!
Dimblebot

GRATITUDE ACKNOWLEDGED
DIMBLEBOT >
marksi

T'is wondrous.
Gavin Scott
Admin

My heartfelt thanks to Pete, Sput, Lee, Jamesypoo, Bail, and of course Dimblebot for all your amazing work.
Philip

Just noticed the different places for the clocks, and the slightly odd Dimblebot clocks!

Oh, and by the way, is it supposed to say 'New Message' at the top when you don't have any? Or does that just mean to make a new one, i.e. to compose a new message.
Pete

Philip wrote:Oh, and by the way, is it supposed to say 'New Message' at the top when you don't have any? Or does that just mean to make a new one, i.e. to compose a new message.
It's not lit though is it...
Jovis

Well clearly it'll light up on a new PM.

EDIT: Whoops.
Philip

Pete wrote:
Philip wrote:Oh, and by the way, is it supposed to say 'New Message' at the top when you don't have any? Or does that just mean to make a new one, i.e. to compose a new message.
It's not lit though is it...
Pardon my stupidity.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Philip wrote:Just noticed the different places for the clocks, and the slightly odd Dimblebot clocks!
We're all fairly confident that most of the UK will ultimately transfer to Dimbletime.

Its much more accurate than atomic time. He uses literally tens of valves. Extraordinary.
Pete

btw, look at the profile pages, after three years we finally put some effort into them.

And in case people are wondering why we didn't just go back to the original desk theme it was because all the various election / eurovision themes (there were actually 5 separate themes involved during that period) had meant that the original one was unusable (as Metro is far more complex than most themes, involving tweaks in language files and the php itself).