what's your poison?

Dr Lobster*

when i used to go out for a few beers with my buddies, i'd always have a generic larger such as fosters, carling, budweiser or coors.

now, and perhaps i'm getting old, i find myself having real ales brewed locally or other obscure guest ales.

the only exception to this rule is when i go out for a chinese or indian meal where i'll usually have a tiger or cobra/king fisher or bangla.

so, what you drink?
Sput

Cheap white wine!
Knight knight
Nick Harvey
God

I've never been into beer or lager, except on a really hot day when I'll have a pint of bitter shandy and usually knock it back pretty well in one.

I was a scotch drinker from my teens right up till I was poorly and off the drink completely for best part of a year.

Since then, as one or two of you might already know, I'm a red wine man, with a preference for anything from the Rhone valley.
Alexia

As a CAMRA member, I am quite partial to an ale or two. My favourites are Sharp's Doom Bar, St Austell's Tribute, Ringwood Fortyniner and Old Thumper, Felinfoel Double Dragon, Brains Dark and of course Theakston's Old Peculier. If you ever get a chance to drink DBC's range of beers at Weymouth's Brewers Quay, definately go for it.

I do partake of the occasional lager, at the moment I am working my way through a case of Budweiser 66. Coors is TOO light for me; it's like drinking cold, dry weak shandy. I avoid Carling, Fosters, Stella, Grolsch and Kronenbourg like the plague unless it's in a shandy.

Wine-wise, I drink anything white from California or Australia. My whisky choices are Southern Comfort and Penderyn, I don't touch vodka. I have had a few GnTs in the past (or to be specific, TnTs - Tanqueray and Tonics) I am very partial to a Sambucca at the end of a large Italian meal, and Irish coffees. At Christmas, the Baileys (or, if we're lucky, the Penderyn Merlyn) comes out.
steddenm

I prefer 'Five' which is a Welsh vodka.
Nick Harvey
God

Oh, and there was me thinking it was the number of lies you can manage per minute.
marksi

I tend to stick to lager. I know how much of it I can drink without causing terrible hangovers. Carlsberg or the like.

Smirnoff Ice has no effect on me. I don't get drunk, but it is very acidic.

And I did quite like that Disaronno(?) liqueur stuff that I tasted recently - tastes like liquid marzipan.

I got so drunk and ill on white wine at a leaving do in March that I haven't been able to drink it at all since.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Cider or Vodka.

Not into those overly strong designer ciders. Strongbow is nice.
rob

Alexia wrote:St Austell's Tribute, Ringwood Fortyniner
2 of the best real ales around. They're pretty popular in my local boozer. I'm a real ale drinker and CAMRA member myself, and its nice to get out and try new beers. Had a lovely one in Wetherspoons this afternoon called Gladiator.

I do drink lager every now and then. It has to be Carling or Tuborg for me, all the others are crap. Cider wise, I do like a nice pint of Strongbow every now and then, and for wine, a nice Pinot goes down well with my dinner.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Alexia

Shameless plug: I get my Christmas supplies from this website.

http://www.moorandmorebeer.co.uk/
DVB Cornwall

Try Skinners ...

WWW.SKINNERSBREWERY.COM

Betty Stogs is superb.