The disallowed goal - Could it have turned the match around

James L H

Whats your opinions on the goal that was never to be in the Germany - England match. Do you think technology is needed to stop things like this happening in the future.

Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3onu9ORTrjA
marksi

Football on Metropol. Who'd have thunk it?

Yes, of course. Why not? It's used in other major sports. And it would prevent us listening to England fans giving off for the next 40 years.

Having said that, that goal wasn't borderline, it was clearly and obviously over the line, I knew that without seeing a replay.

Oh and it may prevent "The referee's a wanker" being loudly chanted on BBC ONE on a Sunday afternoon.
Jovis

I actually think the game could have ended differently had the goal been allowed.
James L H

Jovis wrote:I actually think the game could have ended differently had the goal been allowed.
You may be right. Thread title changed. At least we don't have to see this ad any more : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjOvTArUqmQ Every cloud has a silver lining. ;)
Nick Harvey
God

Jovis wrote:I actually think the game could have ended differently had the goal been allowed.
I agree. We'd have lost 4-2 instead of 4-1.

We'd still have had to come home, though. We'd still have had to sack the silly Italian chap, though.

So differently, but not very differently.

Thank heavens it's over.
dosxuk

At least we didn't lose 2-1 (or 3-2, 4-3, etc), so the disallowed goal isn't a deciding one. The follow up if it was a deciding goal would have been unbearable.
James L H

dosxuk wrote:At least we didn't lose 2-1 (or 3-2, 4-3, etc), so the disallowed goal isn't a deciding one. The follow up if it was a deciding goal would have been unbearable.
I am sure sky NEWS would have ran with it for weeks, with special graphics and a virtual football pitch. :)
GavBelfast

The English FA helped to put Sepp Blatter where he is, in the mistaken belief that he would give England the World Cup Finals in 2006.

He didn't support England's bid, and he doesn't support goal-line technology either.

Kismet, eh?
Chie

The German goalkeeper was *nom*

http://img.skysports.com/09/08/800x600/ ... 346810.jpg

Anyway, England were diabolical and the Germans fully deserved to win. Never mind.
Square Eyes

The pound shops will be gutted that they can't shift any more cheap tat with the St. Georges flag on it.

Perhaps they can collect them up from the central reservations of motorways up and down this land in readiness to flog them next time.
Alexia

Nick Harvey wrote:
I agree. We'd have lost 4-2 instead of 4-1.
Agreed. England didn't deserve to win in any shape or form. Abysmal display from a team whose combined wealth could easily ease the poverty in South Africa.