osbaldwick

Is this thread for real? :lol:
Life is for living........
Gavin Scott
Admin

osbaldwick wrote:Is this thread for real? :lol:
Naturally. :shock:
osbaldwick

I remember ASDA when it was Associated Dairies in the 70s. Its come a long way since then!
Life is for living........
WillPS

Only one part of the ASDA story. The origin of their supermarket formats was actually GEM stores, which had their flagship in West Bridgford, Nottinghamshire (still a key ASDA location). There was also Asquith stores but I don't know much about them.

Contrary to popular belief ASDA's name is formed from Asquith and Dairies, but obviously it was instantly recognisable as Associated Dairies in areas they were previously.
Chie

Asda has launched a new range called 'Chosen by you', which incorporates some of their existing own-brand produce as well as many new ones.

The packaging (as modeled by this fancy flapjack) looks very smart.

http://www.asdachosenbyyou.com
WillPS

I noticed my Pasta Salad had this on it. What does "Chosen by You" actually mean though?? As far as I can tell it's the same pasta salad as ever...
Alexia

WillPS wrote:I noticed my Pasta Salad had this on it. What does "Chosen by You" actually mean though?? As far as I can tell it's the same pasta salad as ever...
You chose it, you bought it. It's yours. You eat it. Sorted.
Nick Harvey
God

Pedant of Wiltshire here!

So while it's still sitting on the shelf and you haven't yet chosen it, could you report them for the name being a lie?
Alexia

Nick Harvey wrote:Pedant of Wiltshire here!

So while it's still sitting on the shelf and you haven't yet chosen it, could you report them for the name being a lie?
Yes.

Well I would anyway.
Sput

But in that case, hadn't you chosen it anyway? Not to eat, but to single out for criticism!

Those ASDA bastards are ever so sneaky...
Knight knight
WillPS

Okay, but aside from being something which may be chosen, what does it mean?? It's not healthy stuff, nor stuff of supposed superior quality... I don't really understand the point over just ASDA-own brand...